Old 05-18-2014, 10:13 PM   #11

They are in essence heat pumps. They are optional equipment. Given our planned winter use we have two of them. Don't use them nearly as much as I thought.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app

Old 05-18-2014, 10:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sullivan View Post
They are in essence heat pumps. They are optional equipment. Given our planned winter use we have two of them. Don't use them nearly as much as I thought.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app

Thanks Jim

Old 05-19-2014, 08:02 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazymace View Post
I've seen a couple of posts that reference "heat strips". What are they? Not sure I have them.
Not sure I would compare them to a "heat pump". They are more like an electric fireplace. It's just a heating element with air blowing through it. If you use it in conjunction with your LP furnace, the furnace will use less LP in a really cold day. If you just want to take the chill out of the RV, you can just use the strips. It's nice to have because those furnaces are real gas hogs.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:10 AM   #14

Speaking of heat strips. Does anyone know if they can be added to Dometic ducted units? This past season I kept an electric oiled filled heater at a low temperature to keep things inside the coach above freezing. It would have been easier if I had heat strips. I found this one on CW, but it says it does not work with ducted units: 5600 BTU Heat Strip for Dometic Air Conditioners - Dometic 3101121.030 - Air Conditioner Accessories - Camping World