Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2014, 10:34 AM   #1

335ds satellite

In the storage compartment near front door is Cable hookup. Does anyone know if this is actually the satelite connection? I know the one in rear basement is for park cable because I have used it. Havent had a chance to hook anything up to the one by the door. I always assumed that it was for connecting an outside tv to cable. However, today I noticed on the A/B box in cabinet over the passenger seat that the Sat cable feed is connected and was wondering if that is where it comes from. Also, if it is the sat feed, where would you connect Receiver? Connector in same cabinet with Ant booster button? Like I said, havent had a chance to play with it yet, thought someone might have a clue.
Thanks
Old 06-15-2014, 12:08 PM   #2

That connection is for an outside TV. The satellite connection is up on the roof above the driver's seat. It looks like a vent and it has a cap that if you remove you'll see the coax cable.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:18 PM   #3

Sat. conections on roof.

Yes, a cable is there, but after opening up the front cabinet backs, it wasn't attached to anything. The wire for Sat from the selector just ended behind the cabinets with electrical tape over the end of it. Disappointed in factory. But I'll work around it yet!
Maddog378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:09 PM   #4

Thanks Al. Just got down from roof. Always wondered what the vent was. No plumbing in area. After thinking about the setup, could probably just put reciever in same cabinet, hook sat feed to rcvr, then run small jumper to A/B switch sat feed. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:48 PM   #5

There are no HDMI cables to either TV, so forget about HD. How easy would it have been for FR to run those cables?? Now it's almost impossible.
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt588 View Post
Thanks Al. Just got down from roof. Always wondered what the vent was. No plumbing in area. After thinking about the setup, could probably just put reciever in same cabinet, hook sat feed to rcvr, then run small jumper to A/B switch sat feed. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:37 PM   #7

I purchased the 335 Georgetown and can't access any tv connections due to the tv being wall mount. How do you connect the Directv receiver??
rick5758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:50 PM   #8

hey Rick,

Ive had the tv off. Installed HDMI cable and ran up to cabinet above. Takes 2 people. Want someone holding tv when top screws are removed. There are screws on top and bottom. Its not too difficult. Have a snack table or something ready to set tv on once its removed.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt588 View Post
hey Rick,

Ive had the tv off. Installed HDMI cable and ran up to cabinet above. Takes 2 people. Want someone holding tv when top screws are removed. There are screws on top and bottom. Its not too difficult. Have a snack table or something ready to set tv on once its removed.

So you ran HDMI cables from TV to receiver? Where is your receiver located. I can't figure out how to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:59 PM   #10

I havent run it for Sat receiver. I put it in to connect laptop/xbox to tv when the kids are with us. I havent installed sat system yet, so not sure. Will probably install rcvr in cabinet above copilot seat and just use existing coax, no hd. Although, I have to run a new wire to speaker near tv. Never worked. Rewired at dash and discovered it is a cut wire somewhere in the cieiling. SO, when I tackle that project, perhaps i will also run for hdmi.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:22 PM   #11

I am lost with the Directv hookup. I have a Winegard satellite. It should connect into the park cable connector in the rear compartment. That needs to be plugged into the 12v connector then. As far as the receiver?? It would be nice to out it up front where the switch box is since there is nowhere to put it by the tv. Question is...how do I connect it to the tv then??
rick5758 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite