Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2010, 02:12 AM   #1

350 slidout interference

I got my 2011 350 just one month ago but I seem to have a couple of odd problems...
one of them is if i close the left bed slideout after the right slideout instead of the contrary, the right slideout will go out about an inch
i checked to see if there was a mechanical interference between the two but they dont touch and i see the right slideout go out when i push on the 'in' button for the left bed slideout
of course, if i close the right slideout after, it seems ok but it annoys me cause sometimes, the right slideout is left a little open without my permission...!
thanks for help!
samething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:26 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

My bedroom slide will move a little when I open or close the Sofa/Dinette slide if I opened or closed the bed slide last. Not much but I think it may just be the valve doesn't close off 100% until that other slide gets moving out. I just make sure I close it or open it which ever is the case when it happens. It must have something to do with the pump and valve assemblies. I haven't notice anything happening when I level the unit though.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:20 PM   #3

My 350 is the same way. It seems to behave better if the left rear slide is closed last. The bed ends up squishing a bit but the slide gaskets are still sealed even though it's pushing against the opposite slide.
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:52 PM   #4

On our maiden voyage with our 378 I noticed after leveling our rig one night that the main slide had extended about 5" without being actuated with the switch. Freaked me out thinking "did I just drive all that way with a slide 5" extended, nah I would have seen it in the mirror". Only happened once more with the same room and right during leveling. Have had the rig 2 years now and it hasn't done it since. I can only guess that there may have been a few air bubbles in the system that caused it to work funny until they got out. May or may not be a cause of your problems but it just came to mind when I read your post.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:06 AM   #5

Samething - My 2011 Georgetown 350 does the exact same thing. Let me know if you figure out any solution other than closing the slideouts in a certain sequence
blightle is offline   Reply With Quote