Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2015, 08:16 PM   #1

350 XL

Hi,

We are looking to purchase a 2016 Georgetown 350 XL model which has the residential fridge. They are also installing a go pro solar system with one 160 watt panel with controller. What I wanted to find out is if the 2016 come with a power inverter installed? I would like to be able to watch TV without running the generator late at night. This would be in areas where we can plug in.

Thanks
sirozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:50 PM   #2

To answer your question:
The 350 does come with an inverter. It is typically only hooked up to the Refrigerator from the factory, but has an extra outlet you can have wired to the outlets for the TV's.
If you are plugged in as you indicated, you would not need to run the GenSet, you would get your power from the 120 you are plugged into.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:16 PM   #3

Thanks for the quick reply. Believe or not I couldn't get a straight answer from the dealer or the service department. Where is the inverter located? Do you know the model or power? I would love to look up some specs on it. Do you know if it would be able to handle the living room tv with the fridge?

Thanks again
Old 07-13-2015, 07:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirozz View Post
Hi,

I would like to be able to watch TV without running the generator late at night. This would be in areas where we can plug in.

Thanks
If you can "plug in" then you don't need to run the generator or even have the inverter running.

If you are talking about where you "can't" plug in, then you will need the inverter.
HookupAndGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirozz View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. Believe or not I couldn't get a straight answer from the dealer or the service department. Where is the inverter located? Do you know the model or power? I would love to look up some specs on it. Do you know if it would be able to handle the living room tv with the fridge?

Thanks again
As far as were the inverter is located, I have seen it in a several different places, the most common has been in the 1st storage bin closest to the battery, but I have also seen it under the Refrigerator, and in the battery compartment....it just depends. They are typically Xantrex PROwatt SW 1000 which are large enough to handle a TV and the Fridge, as long as you have battery capacity.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:11 PM   #6

Thank you all!
Old 07-21-2015, 08:38 PM   #7

Hi,

Just wanted to post an update. On our new 2016 350xl I found the inverter based on suggestions from this post. To get to the inverter I open the propane bin and noticed a black marine lid located on top of the tank area. After opening the lid I found the Xantrex PROwatt 2000 SW Inverter. It was a nice surprise since I was expecting a 1000 watt unit.

Anyway just wanted to update the post in case others were wondering.