Old 05-08-2010, 08:38 AM   #1
350DS Bed extension

Hi all,

I'm 6'3" tall and the Queen bed in our 350ds is too short. I'm thinking of making a folding 1 foot extension using a piece of plywood and a piano hinge. Have any of you tried anything different and would you have photos. Thanks!

adamandjohnsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
I'm like you at 6', the bed is too small. The extension sounds good if you can prop the mattress up somehow when the slide comes in. We have the 378 and the bed and mattress is rignt up to the closets. I scoot the pillow up under the window and bend my knees a little and fit on ours. Queens in motor homes are 65" X 80". Standard Queen is 72" x 80".

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #3
I have a 373f with the short king bed.

I complained about it before the purchase.

The dealer added the flip out extension of plywood on a piano hinge and gave us a 6" x thickness of mattress x width of mattress bolster (block of foam covered in fabric) that we place at the head of the the mattress after we pull it down 6".

It works out quite well and now we have a full sized king.

I just have to really remember to remove the bolster and fold up the extension before I put my bedroom slide or I am going to get some real damage.

Stuart Norman
2009 Georgetown 373f
2000 Honda CRV
snorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member
6ft here as well. Our 370 has the two slide-outs in the bedroom that when closed are right against each other. I've gotten used to sleeping as close to the top as possible with a slight knee bend. Someday's it's not the best but most days it's ok. Unfortunately with the room available I guess they did the best they could with the space they had. We changed out the matress to a Select Comfort matress and it may be an inch or two longer but it is for the Short Queen, "She needed longer legs"!

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote