Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2014, 06:01 PM   #1

351 DS Auxiliary Propane Outlet

I just took delivery of our new 201f GT 351DS. It seems there's no auxiliary propane outlet outside to use for an outdoor bbq grill. What are others doing? Can it be tap somewhere? Or am I stick carry a propane tank to use?
sithc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:25 PM   #2

Mine doesn't have one. I assume other models don't either. The only MH I've had that had a connection was a Jayco Melbourne. I hated the grill that came with it.
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:27 PM   #3

There are plenty of ways if you want to do that, but I'd rather not use my propane tank unless I have to. It's a pain in the arse to have to go to a fill station and all.

I've gone through lots of grills, but so far my favorite is the Grill2Go X200. Runs off of small propane bottles and cooks meat really juicy.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:00 PM   #4
gspage53

Send a message via Yahoo to gspage53
I would suggest you check out the new George Foreman electric grill with the non-stick cooking surface. It's big enough to cook around 6 burgers and a dozen hotdogs and just wipe it clean because its non-stick. I've had several gas grills including the expensive Weber grills but for the MH, I think the electric is the most bang for the buck. You can cook anything on it from ribs to chicken, and brisket. It has a pedestal attached that can be removed and the grill can be set on a table top. It is listed as an indoor outdoor grill as well for when the weather is too cold or not appropriate for outdoor grilling. No hoses or bottles and expensive refills. Get it on Amazon Prime and get free shipping and no tax for $79. If you don't like it send it back.
gspage53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:38 PM   #5

Well, I already have a Camp Chef 3 burner stove and bbq grill attachment that I had used with my travel trailer. I like it and hate to see it go to waste. I guess I'll have to haul around a propane tank for now until I figure something else.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:10 AM   #6

Here is a link from another member:

How do I attach the barbeque to the motorhome propane system? - iRV2 Forums
Old 06-02-2014, 06:38 PM   #7
gspage53

Send a message via Yahoo to gspage53
I don't blame you one bit. Hope you get it worked out.
gspage53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:14 PM   #8

I tapped into mine with this Camco kit from amazon.

Camco 59123 propane brass tee with 4 port and extension hose.

I also bought another 12' extension hose and a 20lbs connector. This allows me to use small devices that would normally use 1lb bottles and large items like fire pit that would normally use 20lbs. I don't stay out for long periods and haven't noticed a big use of propane while enjoying not having to pack all those bottles.
pkhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:56 PM   #9

Thanks pkhill. I'll have to look into that brass tee.

Tags
propane