Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2018, 07:13 PM   #1

351ds antenna no t.v.'s will get reception

Well I just looking to see if anyone has any ideas of what I might be doing wrong. I think I have found every splitter, climbed on the roof and check if connected. Hooked t.v. up at the box above the passenger seat. I have tried searching for channels on every t.v.. I push the green button under the passenger side over head, the lights on the skyjack antenna are all blue, which means good power. I am out of ideas don't know what else to check.
vanderwerff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:56 PM   #2

Is your TV set for Air or Cable. Mine needs to be set for Air prior to search.

Another possibility is that there are no channels within range. The farther away from the broadcast tower, and the more obstacles in the way, the greater the chance you won't find any channels.

When my TT is parked in my back yard my reception is zilch and I'm only 30 miles from more than a dozen high-power stations. Problem is a 550 ft hill right in the way.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:46 PM   #3

If you have cable tv at your home you can run a coax line to the RV and set it for cable input to test that system actually works. I live 15 miles outside new York city and I only get like 3 channels over the air.
KEliasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:36 PM   #4

This is a diagram for a Georgetown that isn't yours but the concept would be the same, especially the over the air interconnect. That switch box in the passenger overhead should be the same. That box could even be the issue. It may help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV Wiring.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	164277  
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:21 PM   #5

No tv stations coming in on tv

I had the same problem. Changed out the roof top circular antenna. No change. Finally I started checking the coax in the wall and found that they were hooked up wrong. I changed them around and wow---tv signals.

You might check that.
pjoz98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:40 PM   #6

Bubbles

thanks for the wiring diagram.
card16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:49 PM   #7

I ended up replacing my box in the overhead storage. There isn't a whole lot to them. Try bypassing the box. That is how I narrowed mine down. Good luck.
adrinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:51 PM   #8

New antenna

I am new to the Forum and am not sure this is applicable. I have used the King Jack OA1501 Omnidirectional HDTV over-the air antenna on 2 RV's. I get 29 channels in my driveway, all very clear. The wiring has to be right in the first place but the install took me about 40 minutes total.
mackco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:19 PM   #9

No tv stations coming in on tv

I also made a dual circle UHF, VHF antenna and I picked up 35+ channels at home. That is when I thought the wiring is not right.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:46 PM   #10

Well not exactly sure what I have done. Besides take everything apart and put it back together. Tried it tonight and it worked, one headache done for now.
vanderwerff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:21 AM   #11

I had a television that would not pick up OTA channels. It had a bad tuner. This conclusion was determined after another camper brought over a small television that picked up all the channels on my antenna. Luckily, my television was under warranty and I replaced it for free at Walmart. A 4 year replacement warranty for $8.50.... no brainer!
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:03 PM   #12

My issue is that last week, on air, I got 13 channels. Parked at a seasonal spot. Got an HDTV antenna, unhooked from junction box, to the antenna, maybe 2 on air channels after auto scan. Dang. Rehooked it back, no trailer antenna change, rescanned, booster on, and now NO channels found. WT??? Can't figure it out!
Mdaniels4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:32 AM   #13

No tv reception

Check all connections in wall behind booster plug. May be loose. My problem was no reception just outside of Houston. Replaced roof antenna, still none, finally figured out connections behind booster plug were crossed. I could connect to outside homemade antenna and get 65 OTA channels but with roof mounted got none. Once I changed connections, got reception.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:43 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjoz98 View Post
Check all connections in wall behind booster plug. May be loose. My problem was no reception just outside of Houston. Replaced roof antenna, still none, finally figured out connections behind booster plug were crossed. I could connect to outside homemade antenna and get 65 OTA channels but with roof mounted got none. Once I changed connections, got reception.
Well. Fwiw. Got a boosted Ota antenna. Hooked up through the window. Immediately got 30 channels. 5 though are pointed in another direction. Captured them but no signal, so I won't bother screwing up the 25 I do get in clear. Thanks.
Mdaniels4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:18 PM   #15

2015 351DS Same Issues unresolved

I have similar issues. Replaced the flying saucer antenna with Winegard Rayzar, no help. Made sure I tested coax from overhead compartment to antenna, all good. Something strange when I reconnected everything. I can power up the booster and green light is lit, but when I make connections, the green light will not light up. Don't want to highjack this thread, but I still can't figure it out, tried everything including bypass the Antenna/Cable/Satellite switch box. Used the Forest rive schematic for hook ups and still nothing. My TV's say no signal when I scan (antenna) Lost. Any ideas?
Harley Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, reception