Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2018, 09:31 PM   #21

I got a coax print for a 2016 today from the factory. I'll upload it in case someone else might need it. I haven't really looked at it yet but hopefully I can find my problem.Coax prints 3-30-16.pdf
vanderwerff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:32 PM   #22

Ok that's proper. And I'm assuming they turn on so has power. It may be you don't have any over air tv channels available. I mean you could test the lines by either plugging in a coax cable line into the input in the driver's side rear compartment and set everything to cable and see if they get that signal. Or a DVD player in the passenger front cabinet and set everything to cable and send a signal through and see if it picks it up
KEliasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:37 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEliasz View Post
Ok that's proper. And I'm assuming they turn on so has power. It may be you don't have any over air tv channels available. I mean you could test the lines by either plugging in a coax cable line into the input in the driver's side rear compartment and set everything to cable and see if they get that signal. Or a DVD player in the passenger front cabinet and set everything to cable and send a signal through and see if it picks it up
Drivers side rear compartment? Where are you talking?
Old 02-27-2018, 09:41 PM   #24

Drivers side. Outside . Rear most compartment. The large one where your 50amp cable is. Open the door look inside to your left on the wall is where your main power converter is as well as your campground cable tv hookup.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:49 PM   #25

Quote:
Drivers side. Outside . Rear most compartment. The large one where your 50amp cable is. Open the door look inside to your left on the wall is where your main power converter is as well as your campground cable tv hookup.
Oh ok I know what your talking about. Do you know if the camper alternator is charging the coach batteries as your cruising down the road?
Old 02-27-2018, 09:50 PM   #26

Yes it does.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:00 PM   #27

On the passenger area where the pullout is for if someone wants to use a laptop or something. Does your outlet underneath the dash work when driving? Or is that another outlet that needs the generator running.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:05 PM   #28

You know.. I've never tried it while driving. I have no idea. Im sorry
Old 03-14-2018, 10:49 PM   #29

Quote:
Near the floor to the left of your fridge is a wood panel with slots in it. This is your air intake / recirculate for your propane furnace heater. Take out I think 4 screws and the outlet is on bottom right side. It's a single outlet. I thought about making it a dual outlet and running an extension cord. And also in the side of the countertop near the door and stairs to outside is an outlet. I considerd making that the outlet on the inverter and then just run short extension from back of tv to there. But I didn't want kids (mine are 3,6, and 8) to play or pull on it.
So I did the mod. Did it different. I cut an access panel in the inside of cabinet that is above microwave. Then I pulled the bottom out of the cabinet. From there I drilled a hole towards fridge in the spacing between the micro and bottom of cabinet. Ran romex down the hollow side panel that is next to fridge and it popped out down at the heater.
Then I started heading the other way. Drill a hole on opposite side, which leads into about a 1" hollow spacing between the two cabinets. I then pulled outlet out that is on bottom of cabinet and drilled a hole up into the hollow spot. Pushed Romex through the holes and across the hollow bottom of that cabinet. Then I but an external outlet in and popped Romex up through the bottom. I should of taken picks along the way. But didn't think of it until I was finished. Inverter powers fridge and t.v.. perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image2 2.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	262.5 KB
ID:	165240   Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	315.6 KB
ID:	165241   Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	165242   Click image for larger version

Name:	image1 2.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	165243   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	270.8 KB
ID:	165244  

Old 03-15-2018, 02:41 PM   #30

Nice work!
jfp2673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 02:54 PM   #31

I'm jealous I didn't think of doing it that way
Old 03-16-2018, 11:52 AM   #32
I Break Everything

I kinda followed this thread for a bit. We had trouble with the TVs as well. We have 2015 351DS. That little switch box was bad, the inside had a crack on a board. I bought a new one, exact of ebay or Amazon, I don't remember which and everything worked again.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote