Old 07-23-2014, 06:31 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckbdk View Post
I'm hoping someone can help us with what may be a related issue on our 2005 Georgetown 342. It started after our last trip; got home, extended the jacks, then one would not retract. It had to be done manually; then none would extend. The hydraulic motor would run a second or two, then trip the breaker, and nothing was moving. The fluid was low, so we have added to that. Tried to bleed the lines by extending and retracting, a process that took over an hour. Again, the motor runs a few seconds and then trips the breaker. We did get all four jacks to extend and then retract, but the motor was running hot. I don't know if it was overheating and tripping the breaker or if there is still air in the lines. I don't want to burn out the motor. Any suggestions? Thank you!
I just went through the same problem , motor as getting way hot, checked the draw way high, ordered new motor from Lippert $732.00. Came today so installed it and presto everything back to normal. I'm going to have the old one rebuilt the brushes were down to almost nothing and it was full of carbon from them causing the short. My coach is an 06.

jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:39 PM   #32

Update; This morning I tried lowering the jacks while plugged into shore power and they went down fine. I checked the shafts and they were pretty dry so I sprayed all of them with silicone spray. Went in and tried raising the jacks and got a flashing low power indicator. Started the engine and they worked fine. Lowered and raised three times with no problem. Not sure now if they were sticking and tripping the breaker or what was happening. It was very hot the other day and the breaker was hot after tripping. Might have worked if I had let it cool down a while but didn't want to chance it away from home. Could also have a motor going bad, guess time will tell.

Charleston SC
3 Boston Terriers, 1 Frenchie
Gonna miss you Toby. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:57 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd10 View Post
Update; This morning I tried lowering the jacks while plugged into shore power and they went down fine. I checked the shafts and they were pretty dry so I sprayed all of them with silicone spray. Went in and tried raising the jacks and got a flashing low power indicator. Started the engine and they worked fine. Lowered and raised three times with no problem. Not sure now if they were sticking and tripping the breaker or what was happening. It was very hot the other day and the breaker was hot after tripping. Might have worked if I had let it cool down a while but didn't want to chance it away from home. Could also have a motor going bad, guess time will tell.

That's good to hear! Let's hope it's not the motor. I will say we had low power indicators prior to it not working though.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:35 PM   #34

I don't use my levelers unless the engine is running AND I'm plugged in to shore power or the generator is running. All of my leveler problems have ceased since using this method.

Tags
jacks, leveling