Old 10-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #21

You are missing your inverter. The small square black box is a transfer switch for the fridge. It transfer the fridge to either shore/generator power when hooked up/running generator to the batteries when not.
My coach also has a battery disconnect switch which must me on for the inverter/transfer switch to work. But since you don't have an inverter it wouldn't make any difference.
Like you notice the gray cable does connect to the inverter for remote sensing or control. Most any inverter would work but the xantrex inverters are great units. I for one would choose them.
Like others have said you could use your generator to power the fridge while driving down the road. A hassle but a temporary fix.
Hope this help if you haven't already figured it out.
Safe travels.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by louigi View Post
Al...sorry about your inverter ( ....or lack of! ). From your picture it looks like all the accessories were installed and just waiting to install the inverter?? I know you don't want to run the genny going down the road, but thats what I had to do until i figured out what was wrong. I am sure when you send them your picture they will see the empty space and make it right!
Yeah, I'll just have to run the gen until I can get one put in there. I think the guy, or gal, that was working in that compartment went on a smoke break and forgot about it....along with whomever is responsible for quality...along with the dealer's check out procedure...etc. I really can't believe that something like this would slip through. I'm ex military and you would end up in Leavenworth for something like that. It's a shame.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #23

I hope that FR has a quality employee going through this forum. I think they could learn a lot from it. I understand "bad economy" and "layoffs", etc. but some of the issues I've encountered should have never been encountered. Makes me wonder if I should have gone for a Thor. The problem is that the wife fell in love with this one and once she makes up her mind...need I say more?
Old 10-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #24

Al,

Cannot tell from your picture, but is there any evidence(screw holes in the plywood base ) that the inverter may have been installed at the factory and "removed" later on down the road?

2014 Georgetown 328TS
towing 2013 Honda Fit
louigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by louigi View Post
Al,

Cannot tell from your picture, but is there any evidence(screw holes in the plywood base ) that the inverter may have been installed at the factory and "removed" later on down the road?
Nope, looked for them because I thought he dealer took it out. The black switch box was not even screwed down and it still has the plastic protector cover on the plug's prongs. I'm pretty sure this happened during the build up process. Just like I've found a bunch of stupid little things that weren't done right. It must have been made during a low morale period.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #26

This one may not have been answered. Yes, close the 2 valves to the water heater (in and out) and open the the bypass valve to winterize.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
thank you. I actually emailed someone from FR that has gotten good reviews in this forum (April). We'll see if she can help. We have a 1k mile trip to FL coming up soon and the kids need their stuff cold.
I'm confident April will get back to you to address this. Do report back and let us know how it turns out.

Also a footnote on running the gen to power the fridge in the meantime - you really won't need to run the gen 100% of the time. The fridge (and freezer) will stay cold for hours w/o power (unless of course the kids are standing with the door open trying to decide which soft drink they want); Fire the gen after a couple hours and run for 30-60 minutes or so, and so on. Not ideal, but it will get you down the road.

Mike
Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43D18 View Post
I'm confident April will get back to you to address this. Do report back and let us know how it turns out.

Also a footnote on running the gen to power the fridge in the meantime - you really won't need to run the gen 100% of the time. The fridge (and freezer) will stay cold for hours w/o power (unless of course the kids are standing with the door open trying to decide which soft drink they want); Fire the gen after a couple hours and run for 30-60 minutes or so, and so on. Not ideal, but it will get you down the road.

Mike
Good idea Mike. I didn't think about running the Gen part time since the fridge does hold cold if not opened and closed too much.

I sent April an email last week and haven't received a reply. I wonder if I should contact Steve, which was the other contact provided on another thread.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
Good idea Mike. I didn't think about running the Gen part time since the fridge does hold cold if not opened and closed too much.

I sent April an email last week and haven't received a reply. I wonder if I should contact Steve, which was the other contact provided on another thread.
I took them three business days to get back to me. If it goes much beyond that, I'd reach out to them again for sure.

Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge