Originally Posted by alparmmer
I just received my Tiger Trak and will be installing it this coming up weekend. Instructions are very vague as far as diagrams for location of brackets. Could someone please post a photo of theirs.
You can not make a mistake installing the bracket.
You may have received two because some fords come with different differentials.
1.You will need a socket big enough to remove the bolts in your differential.
2. You should have a breaker bar and a torque wrench.
Make sure you look at the picture that shows how the bolts, washers are placed on the two pivot points.
Look closely how they show where the big washers go between parts.
3. After you get the differential bar mounted it is very easy to mount and secure the frame rail bracket. As instructions say you leave it loose so it can slide forward and back until you find a perfect parallel to the differential bracket.
4. You will screw in or out the bar so it fits snugly between the two pivot points.
5. Make sure you have all the bolts as per the book because I was
missing one of the large washers and got one at Home depot instead of waiting a week for it.
6. After all is lined up properly you can secure the frame bracket down as well as torque as per the instructions.
It took me about 1 1/2 hrs to install and had a creeper as well as all the sockets, breaker bar and torque wrench.
Sorry no pictures.
If you have any question they do have a call number which should help you in greater detail if you have a problem.