Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #1

357 questions......

We are seriously looking at a 2009/2010 357 QS and I have a couple of questions....

I was unable to get the drivers chair to rotate more than 90 degrees. I read in the past that on a 350 TS there were multiple mounting holes, and the seat could be moved back. Does anyone know if this is true for the 357, or if there is a way to spin it facing toward the rear????

Has anyone added storage drawers or bins under the dinette seats???? It looks like there is space there, and that would be a good way to make up for a lack of kitchen storage....

The biggest hold up for us is a 41 gallon gray tank, since we have 58 now. We would probably have to get a portable tank to take to help out with that.....

How do you feel overall about yours???? Any regrets, or major problems????

Thanks
mr.ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #2

On my 350TS the chair swivel 90degrees in. I haven't checked if they would swing the other way also, but if true, you could rotate the base to have the chair face back. It's 4 bolts through the floor.

We store our spare bedding under the dinette benches but you could make use of the space in other ways.

We dry camp a lot, and yes the 41gallon gray tank is the limiting factor. I find dish washing to be our primary source of water and try to use paper. We can go a week, just not without conserving. I also put a gate valve on the dump outlet so I can transfer gray to the black tank when full. This way all my on board water can fit into the waste tanks.
Some people worry about the tanks mixing but I don't.

We love ours. No major problems and no regrets.
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:11 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply...... with the seat, the problem is hitting the steering wheel. I had read on this forum that the seat base could be moved a few inches toward the back to clear the steering wheel, but that was on a 2008 model, so it may have since changed......how hard was it to install the gate valve on the dump outlet......I have never heard of that but it sounds like a great idea
Old 03-04-2010, 10:25 PM   #4

On my late 2009, there are not extra holes for the base. You would need to drill new ones and from what I remember there isnt much room under there for much adjustment until you hit a floor support, but maybe just enough if you're determined.

As for the valve, it just twists on to the outlet in place of the cover, you move the cover to the end of the new valve. I put a little sealent on it to make sure it wont fall off.

This is the one: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...on-valve/27868

When your gray tank shows full, and your black tank is still almost empty mocking you, leave this main outlet valve closed and open your gray valve, then open the black valve, and listen to the gray transfer to the black. Gravity will try to equalize the levels in the tank. I wait a few minutes then close both.

The extra water in the black tank really helps it empty when dumping. Plus you can use a full gray tank to clean an empty black tank when dumping. Part of my procedure for emptying the tanks is to empty the black first, then transfer gray over to it, close the gray and empty the black again. Rinse and repeat a few times and the black tank has been scrubbed out by the soapy gray water.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:06 AM   #5

We have a 2008 378 Georgetown and we can't turn our drivers seat more than 90 degrees. I have tried every way and still cannot move past the steering wheel. So far thats no problem with the seating we have in the 378 model. We have the table and chairs in our rig accross from the sofa.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhanson View Post
On my late 2009, there are not extra holes for the base. You would need to drill new ones and from what I remember there isnt much room under there for much adjustment until you hit a floor support, but maybe just enough if you're determined.

As for the valve, it just twists on to the outlet in place of the cover, you move the cover to the end of the new valve. I put a little sealent on it to make sure it wont fall off.

This is the one: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...on-valve/27868

When your gray tank shows full, and your black tank is still almost empty mocking you, leave this main outlet valve closed and open your gray valve, then open the black valve, and listen to the gray transfer to the black. Gravity will try to equalize the levels in the tank. I wait a few minutes then close both.

The extra water in the black tank really helps it empty when dumping. Plus you can use a full gray tank to clean an empty black tank when dumping. Part of my procedure for emptying the tanks is to empty the black first, then transfer gray over to it, close the gray and empty the black again. Rinse and repeat a few times and the black tank has been scrubbed out by the soapy gray water.
Do you ever get black water in the gray tank, or does the volume of gray flow to the black tank???? Since there isnt a gray tank flush, I might be concerned about getting black water in there.....
Old 03-05-2010, 09:57 AM   #7

Flow is just one direction, from the fuller tank to the emptier tank. After they equalize there is no pressure to transfer the black down, and back up to the gray through the plumbing. You close the valves to make sure the dont.

Some people don't like the idea of a possibility of mixing, so they dont do it. To me, both tanks are germ piles, they are both illegal to dump on the ground now, and you dispose of the contents the same way. Some large Prevost bus's have a single large waste tank and don't even bother separating them.