Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #1

360DS owners

Have not seen many posts concerning this model. I have a 2012. A few warranty items the first year, no problems the second. Would like to hear from others. Likes/dislikes, etc. Any issues? My two most significant were a failed chassis ac compressor and a very noisy differential, both covered by Ford warranty. Not thrilled with the sofa and living room. May replace the sofa with recliners. Wife loves the double sink vanity and lots of clothes hanging and drawer space. I like the king size bed. Three TVs are bit of overkill. Everything has worked great other than the auto leveler which I haven't done the "null" yet. Having two dump lines is a pain but just extra work when dumping tanks. Water flow in both toilets has decreased so I need to clear the filter at the back of the toilets. Boiled the house batteries once so I replaced them with sealed batteries and don't leave the coach plugged in for long periods of time when stored. Got to get a battery tender. So that's my to do list. Ride and handling have been excellent. Noise level is very quiet at 65mph and 2200rpm. Steep hills requiring lower gears are noisy. No heat issues from engine compartment that some gassers have. Have learned to turn off the cruise control when driving thru rolling hills. Speed up on the down hill like the truckers do and use the momentum going up the next one. In cruise control the downshift often drops two gears and very loud rpm increase. Not using the cruise control in hill country greatly reduces the rpm jumps. Usually only one down instead of two. Tow/haul mode is also a great feature for steep downgrades and rarely use brakes to slow down.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #2

We have a 2011 360DS and overall have been very pleased with it. We also are contemplating replacing the sofa (possibly with Ikea Poang chairs). Our batteries were likewise destroyed by the cheap converter. We replaced the batteries with 4 golf cart batteries and the converter with a 2500W inverter (which incorporates a 3-stage charger). Haven't had any issues with the levelers yet. I initially thought that the mid-ship bathroom was a waste. However, have subsequently realized the benefit of double capacity black and gray water tanks. We also added a 3-inch foam topper and now the bed is really comfortable. The motorized windshield shade is nice, but has lost its programming several times. Forest River needs to better document and not hide the shade programming switch.
rjohnso3a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:55 PM   #3

The power shade is a really nice feature. So handy. We also added a 3" memory foam topper with great results. We are very satisfied with our coach. Lots of features at a very affordable price point. While traveling we often socialize with other MH owners and are impressed with the high quality interiors in the newer diesel pushers, but those cushy appointments come with a much higher price tag. We like what we got and its paid for.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote