Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2016, 07:34 PM   #21

Ok my hose routing is just like you all said it goes from the heater down along the frame and into the compartment where the water tank lives.. There is a vent open there and then goes out and curves up into the area under the shower to the bathroom and hall vents.. What I did was screw a tennis ball onto a 4 foot stick and laid the the tennis ball in the opening down in the water tank area.. Went and checked the hall and bathroom vents and no improvement.. It makes no sense but will get really cold in that bathroom
Old 02-17-2016, 11:29 AM   #22

Here are a couple diagrams of the heat duct work for the center bathroom of 364.. These were sent to me by FR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	heat duct.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	99763   Click image for larger version

Name:	heat duct #2.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	407.4 KB
ID:	99764  
Old 02-17-2016, 11:39 AM   #23

Well that explains why the tennis ball restriction test did not work. There are 2 basement outlets that need some restriction.

The problem, of course, is how much restriction you can use and still keep the the basement warm enough. I would probably step down the big hose to the smaller size. That alone might do the trick.

Off hand, I would say at least enough to heat the Center bathroom properly.

On the other hand, if you have the Arctic Pac do they also put heater pads on the tanks? If so, we could maybe close it up.

By the way, it was incredibly nice of FR to share those drawings. I don't know of any other companies that would do that. Then again, my experience is limited.
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:52 AM   #24

Well as you can tell MM I have done a lot of research on this problem and while looking around the tube with a insulation bag around it goes down against the frame to the water tank area.. The strange thing is all the low spots in that bag feels like it is full of water or some liquid.. I can not figure out where the fluid came from.. Kind of afraid to make a cut to find out what it is.. This is the only real issue I have not been able to fix
Old 02-17-2016, 02:19 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVnut View Post
Well as you can tell MM I have done a lot of research on this problem..
Which is why I am following your posts with GREAT interest. Being from the great white north myself, the cold bathroom was my first complaint to the dealer.

I don't know why you have liquid there but I would try to find out ASAP. I plan on pulling my freshwater tank as soon as get mine out of storage to see if I can fit something closer to 85 gallons.

I also plan on adding an adjustable flow restriction to the front heater to balance the output. It will also be a good time to inspect the heating pads to determine what is possibly redundant.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:23 PM   #26

Looks like the first output after the furnace is the front waste tank. Any back pressure would blow out there. Is that where you put the tennis ball?
Old 02-17-2016, 05:53 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modmike View Post
Looks like the first output after the furnace is the front waste tank. Any back pressure would blow out there. Is that where you put the tennis ball?
No I put the tennis ball in the water tank area since a 2.5 inch outlet pipe aims to the top of the main pipe.. I just let it settle on the top of the pipe.. This was before I found out about the small hose feeding the waste tank.. I took the grate off the area right under the oven and I can see the small hose go under the frig and then?? Who knows

Tags
roo