Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2015, 02:19 AM   #1

364 center bathroom no heat

We went out on a our first adventure in our brand new motorhome and the only issue we really had that I could not adjust or fix is the heat vent in the middle bathroom and the hall had no air flow thru the heat registers.. I took off the inspection cover under the shower and the ducts looked ok there.. Does anyone know how the ducts are routed under the floor
RVnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 07:27 PM   #2

did you have both furnaces on? or just the front one?
I think my bathroom and hallway heat comes from the rear furnace.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:11 PM   #3

Yes both furnaces were on.. Had heat out of all the other vents near the floor but the two mentioned
Old 01-21-2016, 07:59 AM   #4
toolman_57

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVnut View Post
We went out on a our first adventure in our brand new motorhome and the only issue we really had that I could not adjust or fix is the heat vent in the middle bathroom and the hall had no air flow thru the heat registers.. I took off the inspection cover under the shower and the ducts looked ok there.. Does anyone know how the ducts are routed under the floor
I have the same problem. I tried blocking several of the other vents to force air flow through to the vent--I think I noticed a trickle of heated air, but not much. It's on my punch list for the last round of warranty repairs.
toolman_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:14 AM   #5

It is the one item to be looked at the dealer on the 25th of March.. Hopefully the snow will be gone by then.. I am also having them change the oil
Old 01-22-2016, 11:35 PM   #6
toolman_57

Quote:
It is the one item to be looked at the dealer on the 25th of March.. Hopefully the snow will be gone by then.. I am also having them change the oil
Wow--good deal. I have a whole lot of stuff on the list, but we're finishing up on the first year. Did my first two oil changes/grease jobs myself--once at home after our first two trips, and the other in a rather empty Walmart parking lot at 2 in the morning (once I realized that we were pushing the limit on our mileage between oil changes). I added one of the quick-change valves when I did the first oil change. It's easy to drain the oil, but a pain in the ^&*$ to put the oil back in. I tried one of the pumps but must have selected a poor model. I used a small funnel and piece of tubing--jammed the funnel behind the wiper arm and fed a clear hose (came with my drain kit) tube into the fill tube. Worked slowly but did the job.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:44 AM   #7

I did a few other repairs but figured since it is mine I would do a better job than a dealer.. I dont see how folks can own one of these and afford it if they have to pay a guy for everything.. I usually do my own oil changes but since I will be at the dealer why not
Old 01-26-2016, 12:46 AM   #8
toolman_57

Since I have to drop the motorhome off the 1st of February (getting close to the end of the warranty period), I started researching what needs to be done for winterizing. The pumps are both in the drop-down compartment on the outside below the bunkhouse. When I pulled the cover off (I hate those round access ports), I had a clear view of the water tank, both pumps the hoses and valves for bringing in the antifreeze, and (wait for it) a heater duct with an open port blowing into the compartment. Guess where the heater duct comes from? It comes from the front furnace on its way to the hallway heat duct next to the bathroom door (in front of the bedroom sliding door). So I'm guessing that most of the heated air that would go to the bathroom is lost in the water tank compartment.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:40 AM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

This could be by design. Maybe the heat pumped into the fresh tank plumbing compartment works on gravity flow to heat the hall or bath. Not an ideal situation, but could be the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 08:12 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolman_57 View Post
Since I have to drop the motorhome off the 1st of February (getting close to the end of the warranty period), I started researching what needs to be done for winterizing. The pumps are both in the drop-down compartment on the outside below the bunkhouse. When I pulled the cover off (I hate those round access ports), I had a clear view of the water tank, both pumps the hoses and valves for bringing in the antifreeze, and (wait for it) a heater duct with an open port blowing into the compartment. Guess where the heater duct comes from? It comes from the front furnace on its way to the hallway heat duct next to the bathroom door (in front of the bedroom sliding door). So I'm guessing that most of the heated air that would go to the bathroom is lost in the water tank compartment.
Sounds like something came loose during construction. That isn't supposed to be that way.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:38 AM   #11

Well doing some exploration I took the access panel off the lower front of the shower and looked in the area under the shower floor.. I can see the duct work to the hall vent and the bathroom.. That part all looks intact but I can see the feed line go down thru the floor. So next I went down under the MH and see a insulated hose go into a box between the frame heading towards the back heater.. After that I have lost it
Old 01-28-2016, 09:07 AM   #12
toolman_57

Quote:
Well doing some exploration I took the access panel off the lower front of the shower and looked in the area under the shower floor.. I can see the duct work to the hall vent and the bathroom.. That part all looks intact but I can see the feed line go down thru the floor. So next I went down under the MH and see a insulated hose go into a box between the frame heading towards the back heater.. After that I have lost it
If it's the hose I think you're talking about it goes into the water tank compartment behind the drop down door (with the two pumps and two portholes in the plastic cover behind the door). In my 364, the pipe runs through the water tank compartment with a "T" in the line that is open into the compartment. The rest of the hose seems to go up into the floor to feed the hallway/bathroom vents. I tried to plug the T and got most of the air diverted into the hallway. Still don't have any noticeable flow into the bathroom.

There is quite a bit of hose looping around under the shower though, so I wonder if that hose has a kink in it or something.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:24 PM   #13
toolman_57

Just got a call from the dealer. They pulled about six extra feet of hose out from under the shower and cut it to reach the vent. They said that it still didn't provide much air into the bathroom vent, and it might be a design issue. Hopefully the factory will have some ideas.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:53 PM   #14

The issue is the big hose to the basement. You need to restrict flow there without endangering the water tanks in cool weather.

I plan to put new registers with flow restrictors on all the vents so i can at least balance the air. The rear bathroom is ridiculously hot.
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:47 AM   #15
toolman_57

I tried a simpler way to restrict air flow to the front two registers--pulled off the grill and used duct tape to cover the top half of the registers from the inside. It helped a little. By my count, there are five outlets from the front furnace--two in the kitchen cabinet, one in the hallway outside the front bathroom, one on the inside of the front bathroom and one in the water tank compartment. There are two outlets from the rear furnace--one in the bathroom and one in the bedroom next to the right side of the closet (this outlet gets covered-up when the bunk slider is closed.

From what I can tell the two furnaces do not share their duct work. Seems like quite a waste for the rear furnace to only feed two registers.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:02 AM   #16

I believe the rear furnace is smaller than the front one.

The problem with the front is that if you don't restrict the water tank you are just pushing more air down there when you restrict the others.

To properly balance output every output needs to be able to be restricted.
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:29 AM   #17

The Front furnace is a 30K BTU's and the rear is a 20K BTU's so it is a bit smaller. the configuration is similar to the furnace setups in the Dual furnace XL's where the rear furnace only supplies a couple of rooms (Bath and Main Bedroom).
Old 02-11-2016, 08:24 AM   #18
toolman_57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modmike View Post
I believe the rear furnace is smaller than the front one.

The problem with the front is that if you don't restrict the water tank you are just pushing more air down there when you restrict the others.

To properly balance output every output needs to be able to be restricted.
Yep--did my best to restrict the vent in the water compartment. Not sure if it was enough. I asked the dealer to look into it to see if they could do a better job.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:07 PM   #19

well I can say that in November with no heat to the mid bathroom we went to Wal-mart to buy a very small space heater cause it was really cold.. We would de-winterize right now and head out if the heater worked for that bathroom and hall.. I guess we will just wait till the 25th of March for our appointment with the dealer..
Old 02-11-2016, 02:48 PM   #20

Does anyone know the hose routing for the bathroom.. It looks like it goes under the frig and down where the water tank lives and under the shower it goes down thru the floor after Y to bathroom vent and hall vent

Tags
roo