Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2018, 02:55 PM   #1

364TS bathroom vent lid replacement.

Anyone know the exact size and hinge type for these?
Apparently there are 3 sizes and different hinge types. Ours is cracked and I wanted to order one so I have it when the coach comes out of storage.
Walte1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walte1fr View Post
Anyone know the exact size and hinge type for these?
Apparently there are 3 sizes and different hinge types. Ours is cracked and I wanted to order one so I have it when the coach comes out of storage.
It would be helpful to let us know what name and model your broken now lid is. Some pictures would be particularly helpful. I just replaced a cracked lid a few months ago! VERY IMPORTANT!!! Does your lid have a fan it covers?
Schvarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:27 PM   #3

heng's model 122112
Yes it covers the bathroom fan. I don’t have pictures since it is in storage.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:38 PM   #4

Quote:
heng's model 122112
Yes it covers the bathroom fan. I don’t have pictures since it is in storage.
Is that model# found from a sticker on the cracked lid? If so, the hengs has a new model number-- 90112-C1. I got mine from Amazon for $18.04 with free shipping. I liked the smoke color. Other than having to remove the crank- the rest of the installation was easy!
Old 12-01-2018, 07:42 PM   #5

Oh perfect thank you very much. That number was just found on a sticker above the mesh
Old 12-02-2018, 11:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Oh perfect thank you very much. That number was just found on a sticker above the mesh
When you have the lid ready to install, give me a call at 402-320-2158 so I can give you a wealth of info on how I did my Installation. Will save you a lot of time and frustration [emoji16]
Steve
Old 12-02-2018, 11:35 AM   #7

Perfect thank you
Old 12-02-2018, 07:43 PM   #8

Schvarak, any chance you can take a few minutes to put your process for replacing the lid down? Mine are fine right now but any comments you make I'd like to print out and put in my notebook for future reference for when the time comes. Thanks
SternHappens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SternHappens View Post
Schvarak, any chance you can take a few minutes to put your process for replacing the lid down? Mine are fine right now but any comments you make I'd like to print out and put in my notebook for future reference for when the time comes. Thanks
1. Crank the lid up.
2. Use a small Phillip's screw driver to remove a couple screws to disconnect the metal slider that you use cranking the lid up and down. .
3. Use a flat screw driver or small needle nose pliers to move the end metal pieces so you can slide the lid off.
4. Slide the lid off!
5. Slide the new lid on.
6. Bend those end pieces to keep the lid from sliding off.
7. Get your better half or other helper. To put that metal slider back in p look ace and hold the two screws so you can use the small Phillip's screw driver to screw the two screws back on so the crank can move the lid down and up as desired!
Hope that helps! If I didn't have my better half helping me, I wouldn't have been able to do the job [emoji16]
Old 12-02-2018, 08:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schvarak View Post
1. Crank the lid up.
2. Use a small Phillip's screw driver to remove a couple screws to disconnect the metal slider that you use cranking the lid up and down. .
3. Use a flat screw driver or small needle nose pliers to move the end metal pieces so you can slide the lid off.
4. Slide the lid off!
5. Slide the new lid on.
6. Bend those end pieces to keep the lid from sliding off.
7. Get your better half or other helper. To put that metal slider back on and hold the two screws so you can use the small Phillip's screw driver to screw the two screw back on so the crank can move the lid down and up as desired!
Hope that helps! If I didn't have my better half helping me, I wouldn't have been able to do the job [emoji16]
Thanks, I always keep an eye out for issues like this to put notes in a notebook, so when something happens I can look there to see if someone already dealt with it. Like making a storage cabinet behind the TV in the master bedroom. I used pics and such from what others had done and designed my own mod. I've also rebuilt the bed frame completely into a residential queen, so narrower but now we can both sit up next to the bed much easier, and the length is a bit longer then the rv King, but the slides close just fine. Now my wife can buy regular sheet sets instead of the rv ones. Even made a hinged lid for the head area, so all we have to do is slide the mattress towards the TV and can access that part of the storage (use it for the deep occasional stuff) instead of having to practically crawl under the factory bed frame to pull stuff out that was way under...

SternHappens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 12:37 PM   #11

Was that vent lid for the vent with a fan? Looks like the vent hole measures 14” and the lid is 15”. Does that sound right?
Old 04-13-2019, 01:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Was that vent lid for the vent with a fan? Looks like the vent hole measures 14” and the lid is 15”. Does that sound right?
You still working on yours?
Old 04-13-2019, 01:08 PM   #13

We just got it out of storage so I’m ordering the replacement today. That part number you have works for that model number?
Lid seems to measure 15.5” across on the bottom. Hole size 14”
Old 04-13-2019, 01:09 PM   #14

With a fan in it
Old 04-13-2019, 01:12 PM   #15

Quote:
We just got it out of storage so I’m ordering the replacement today. That part number you have works for that model number?
Lid seems to measure 15.5” across on the bottom. Hole size 14”
Yes, mine had a fan. Yes , the part number I gave you back in Dec is what I used. Still working great!
Old 04-13-2019, 01:12 PM   #16

Awesome thanks. Seems like there are so many options. I’ll order that one.

Tags
bathroom, replacement, roo, vent