Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2016, 03:39 PM   #1

364TS: Comfortable Riding/Towing Combination

We are on year two of our 2015 Georgetown 364TS and I feel like I've finally got everything figured out and have a really comfortable ride. We just hit 7,000 miles with it and below are the combination of things I have done:

Wheel Alignment
Paid for by Forest River right after purchase
Performed by Dallas Frame & Alignment

5star Tuner
I read nothing but positive about this purchase and I just recently added it after towing without it. It absolutely provides a smoother towing experience and quieter ride. No word on mpg gain yet

Acme Tow Dolly
Acme "EZE-TOW" Tow Dolly - Car Tow Dolly
I've found this to be incredibly versatile for towing a wide range of cars. It requires very little maintenance, quick setup and has built in hydraulic brakes. I've towed a Chevy Volt, Toyota Corolla and an Infiniti QX60 with it

Tow Car
2016 Infiniti QX60
After the wife's large Tahoe died we wanted another SUV with a third row seat but could also be towed for camping. The QX60 is 4300lbs and lets the wife have a nice luxurious daily driver but have a car we can tow. We just got back from a trip and it tows great. It drives right up on the Acme Tow Dolly and with the 360 degree camera I can load the car on the dolly all myself. We were then able to lug around 6 people on our last trip.

With the combination of all of the above I've got my 364TS driving smoothly and confident I can tackle any destination we choose.

At this time I can't see any need to add stabilizer bars or any modifications to assist. The only thing I can see changing is possibly air pressure. I'm running with 92lbs all the way around.
thebenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebenz View Post
We are on year two of our 2015 Georgetown 364TS and I feel like I've finally got everything figured out and have a really comfortable ride. We just hit 7,000 miles with it and below are the combination of things I have done:

Wheel Alignment
Paid for by Forest River right after purchase
Performed by Dallas Frame & Alignment

5star Tuner
I read nothing but positive about this purchase and I just recently added it after towing without it. It absolutely provides a smoother towing experience and quieter ride. No word on mpg gain yet

Acme Tow Dolly
Acme "EZE-TOW" Tow Dolly - Car Tow Dolly
I've found this to be incredibly versatile for towing a wide range of cars. It requires very little maintenance, quick setup and has built in hydraulic brakes. I've towed a Chevy Volt, Toyota Corolla and an Infiniti QX60 with it

Tow Car
2016 Infiniti QX60
After the wife's large Tahoe died we wanted another SUV with a third row seat but could also be towed for camping. The QX60 is 4300lbs and lets the wife have a nice luxurious daily driver but have a car we can tow. We just got back from a trip and it tows great. It drives right up on the Acme Tow Dolly and with the 360 degree camera I can load the car on the dolly all myself. We were then able to lug around 6 people on our last trip.

With the combination of all of the above I've got my 364TS driving smoothly and confident I can tackle any destination we choose.

At this time I can't see any need to add stabilizer bars or any modifications to assist. The only thing I can see changing is possibly air pressure. I'm running with 92lbs all the way around.
How do you go about getting Forest River to pay for this?

Tags
towing