Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2015, 09:01 PM   #21

"thebenz" and others on this thread. I have a 2015 Georgetown and it does not look like thebenz's picture. Behind my passenger door is the battery compartment, then two full size storage bins and then a closed up storage bin that has only the Prowatt inverter and nothing else in it. (It has a black cardboard cover behind the door preventing access to the compartment. However, behind that cover is a completely empty bin with just the Prowatt. We have two furnaces, one water heater and one pump switch! The only question is what year is your 364TS. Either you have an earlier year than my 2015, or FR is producing two different configurations of the same year and model.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:41 PM   #22

Are you sure you have a 364? Does it have two bathrooms?

Send a picture of yours!

Mine is a 2015 model manufactured in January 2015 and has the following in order starting from the front passenger side and going back:

- Entry Door

- battery compartment

- Pass-through storage compartment coming out on the other side

- Single storage compartment

- External propane connection door

- Water heater compartment

- Compartment with a black cover that has the ProWatt inverter inside and access to hoses on the side of the hot water heater

- Fold down from the top compartment with black wall, plumbing behind it

- pass through storage compartment that goes to the other side of the RV

- Door with a black covering that hides access to the hot water heater plumbing

- 2nd Hot water heater compartment

Here's a picture:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2975.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	478.7 KB
ID:	75259  
thebenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 11:37 PM   #23

Unfortunately, I haven't learned how to post a picture yet. Each time I try, it says that I am way over the 50,000 character limit regardless of how few kbs make up the picture. Anyway, I am on the road right now. So, I don't have access to the FR glossy brochure. But, I now suspect that the second water heater and electric pump are upgrades that I didn't get.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:58 PM   #24

The 364 is new this year (2015). So there are no older versions. but there are 2016's on the market

But Oddley enough, there appears to be 2 versions of the same coach. See the pic below:
Old 04-26-2015, 07:09 PM   #25

It is possible thebenz has a 2015.5. I found this picture online, but it is listed as a 2016 and it has the 2 HW heaters
Old 04-26-2015, 07:31 PM   #26

Chrisbailey13, Your 7:58 PM post pictures our model exactly. Thanks. I thought I was losing my mind with so many others saying there are two water heaters. It will be nice to put this one to bed once someone finds out about a 2015 vs. 2015.5.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:20 PM   #27
toolman_57

Here's a link to some pictures of my modification:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...3M&usp=sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolman_57 View Post
I modified my 364 to provide power from the inverter to the outlet at the top of the entry steps (below the sink). We just finished our first trip and my passengers were using it to watch dvds from the stereo on the TV. The pro-watt inverter is located in the compartment behind the front water heater--you'll need to remove the plastic guard (four screws) to get to it.

The pro-watt inverter is connected to a pro-watt switch. The switch also has house power coming from the generator/house power line. There's a junction box mounted next to the pro-watt switch that has the input power line coming from the generator/house power to the pro-watt switch and the output power line coming from the pro-watt switch to the refrigerator outlet.

I ran an outdoor romex cable into the junction box and connected it to the refrigerator line. They use a plastic plug to run the refrigerator wire into the juncion box and I broke it off the wire and replaced it with a standard juncion box wire clamp once I fed the second power line. I fed this wire through one of the current holes in the fiberglass box and ran it along one of the wire bundles (with zip ties) to the battery compartment behind the entry steps. There's a hole (with black silicone sealant) leading to the bottom of the sink cabinet above the battery box. I fed the wire under the sink to through this hole. I pulled out the oulet on the cabinet by the entry steps and removed the current feed wire (covering them with wire nuts)--these should be fed into a junction box for safe keeping (should be). If you feed enough wire from the battery box into the cabinet you can get to the wire from under the sink and point it towards the outlet hole in the cabinet. I attached this to the outlet, replaced the outlet in the cabinet and now have inverter/house power close to the TV. It works the same way as the refrigerator--without shore or generator power, you need to turn on the inverter to get power at the outlet.

Couple of notes--we placed some of the web matting (shelf liner material) on top of the counter and use one of the outlets to charge our tablets, etc. I mounted a four connector power strip behind the TV and have my TV/Dish receiver (DVR) and infrared transmitter plugged in to that. When we're on the road I plug the power strip into the cabinet outlet. I also know that the GFI circuit in the inverter works--I walked in and out of the rain and brushed up against the plug and tripped the GFI circuit. This requires a "trip" outside to reach in the compartment and push the reset button on the inverter--it's between the outlets on the inverter.

There you have it--please remember to disconnect all power and make sure your inverter is switched off before you try such a thing. If you want to only use the outlet when the inverter is on, you could simply attach a plug to the romex cable and plug it into the extera outlet on the inverter--it would be much less work. The outlet would only be "hot" when the inverter is switched on. I also considered adding a second outlet to the cabinet--but you get the idea.

Hope this helps.
toolman_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 02:00 PM   #28

Wow. I thought all the 364s had two water heaters. I wasn't even looking to make sure we had it on purchase. We got lucky.

Thank you Toolman for the pictures! Going to look into it this weekend.
thebenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:34 PM   #29

Our single water heater must be a fast recovery system. With two adults and three almost-adults, we have had ample amounts of hot water at all times. Thanks to all of you for the good back-and-forth on this thread.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:53 PM   #30

Toolman 57,

Thank you for posting and adding a detailed description. I will be doing this mod shortly. Why FR didn't think to do it is beyond me. Do you happen to know on the 364's, which TV's are hooked up to the incoming cable line? We have the kitchen, the outside, the bunk and the bedroom TV's. We just got it and hav't been where I could run a cable line to it to see what gets what.
mgcmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:13 AM   #31
toolman_57

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgcmn View Post
Toolman 57,

Thank you for posting and adding a detailed description. I will be doing this mod shortly. Why FR didn't think to do it is beyond me. Do you happen to know on the 364's, which TV's are hooked up to the incoming cable line? We have the kitchen, the outside, the bunk and the bedroom TV's. We just got it and hav't been where I could run a cable line to it to see what gets what.
From what I can tell, all TVs come from the outlet of the 3-way switch box above the windsheild in front of the passenger seat. That switch has three inputs: cable TV from the power compartment connector, satellite input from the roof (which is covered over with a plastic panel), and the over the air antenna.

I ran an extra cable from this compartment to the kitchen TV cabinet. I have a dish receiver inside the kitchen cabinet so that this TV can switch between the antenna feed and the cable feed. I hook my dish antenna to the cable connector in the power compartment and disconnected the cable input from the front switchbox. This cable is connected to the extra cable that I routed from the front cabinet to the kitchen cabinet.

I'm still debating on permanently installing my dish antenna to the top of the MH but most of the recommendations say that it's good to have the flexibility to avoid tree cover etc.
toolman_57 is offline   Reply With Quote