Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2015, 04:34 PM   #1

364TS Questions

Hello All!

I currently have a 32' Fleetwood Southwind that we are growing out of, I loved the floor plan on this unit. A couple of questions for current owners.

1. We often boondock in the desert, how long does the 4 house batteries last while on the inverter running the fridge and heat without having to start Gen?

2. Has anyone added more than 4 batteries, is there room for 2 more in that compartment?

3. Am I reading it correctly or is this a typo, 50 gallon fresh water and 82 for gray?

4. What is your biggest gripe about the unit?

5. Anyone have a 5 speed Allison and now have the 6, like or dislike?

Thank you all!
Kevin M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 04:48 PM   #2

1) I did have the batteries run out after about 5 days.

2) I have added batteries and honestly can not remember how much room was there

3) I believe it is a 50 gallon fresh tank, but it is actually 2 separate 41 gallon tanks....1 for each of the bathrooms.

4) I have minimal complaints about the motorhome. However, one thing I dislike is the GFCI seems like it trips quite a bit and it controls the outlet that has the TV. Problem with this is that the reset is in the back bathroom and inaccessible when the slides are not extended.

5) Mine only has the 5 speed but I do like it.

Truly a great floor plan and I think you get a lot of bang to the buck for this one.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:53 PM   #3

You ran 5 days on inverter without starting the generator?
How many more batteries did you add?

Have you tried putting a backup UPS unit where the TV plugs in to?

Thanks!!
Old 12-04-2015, 08:03 PM   #4

Actually there are 2 Gray tanks & 2 Black tanks - each 42 gals. This gives a total of 84 gals Gray and 84 gals Black. It is a split system - 2 sets of Gray & Black.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 10:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbryant View Post
Actually there are 2 Gray tanks & 2 Black tanks - each 42 gals. This gives a total of 84 gals Gray and 84 gals Black. It is a split system - 2 sets of Gray & Black.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Thank you that makes sense, it just seems 50 gallons for fresh is very small, going to have to bring extra water for boondocking.
Old 12-06-2015, 11:43 AM   #6

What I have done for boon docking is we bought two 7 gallon water jugs and I have made up another Rv water pump to hook to the freshwater hook up so we can pump the additional 14 gallons of water when needed.. It is kind of weird that it has all that holding capacity and only 50 gallons of water..

We plan to purchase a Go power 120 solar panel to help with the battery charging..

The floor plan is great.. I never have to wait to use the bathroom anymore.. The residential frig is fantastic and holds a lot of food and beer.. lol The biggest thing for the DW is the convection microwave.. We have already made two batches of cookies which we never did in our old unit..

As for the transmission 5 speed vs 6 speed we have owned both and I would not like to go back to the 5 speed.. Just my opinion.. The 6 speed does not do the monster two or three gear downshifts.. It will try one gear at a time and with the extra gear it handles hills much better.. Also towing our jeep liberty we average over 7MPG which is great over in this mountainous area (Montana)..

This unit was the best thing we did and can hardly wait to use it for a year
Old 12-06-2015, 01:23 PM   #7

Thanks for the reply, yes i have a 40 gallon bladder with a pump similar to your setup.

Glad to hear you're like the 6 speed Allison.

Heading out now to check it out and drive it.

Anyone have full body paint? How is the finish?
Old 12-07-2015, 01:55 AM   #8

Drove it today, very nice and a smooth ride compared to our southwind. Floor plan is perfect for our needs, I love the big fridge. I forgot to check this but I assume the inverter is powering the TV's and power outlets along with the fridge?
Old 12-07-2015, 11:49 AM   #9

Sorry but the inverter only powers the Frig but many have made posts on how they have corrected this problem.. I will add that we are also installing the washer/dryer as soon as it warms up..

We also got ours with full body paint.. It is great since we have had travel trailers and our last motorhome had gel coat with decals that cracked or peeled we would never go that way again.. I will say our paint is great but Forest River has four body shops that do their painting so I guess the work is a crap shoot since I don't believe all four would have the same quality control..
Old 12-07-2015, 06:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVnut View Post
Sorry but the inverter only powers the Frig but many have made posts on how they have corrected this problem.. I will add that we are also installing the washer/dryer as soon as it warms up..

We also got ours with full body paint.. It is great since we have had travel trailers and our last motorhome had gel coat with decals that cracked or peeled we would never go that way again.. I will say our paint is great but Forest River has four body shops that do their painting so I guess the work is a crap shoot since I don't believe all four would have the same quality control..
Thanks for the info, I'll have to research that as we like our TV while driving for the kids. Is there a big savings do doing the washer and dryer after the fact, it seems it would be easier if they did it at the factory?
Old 12-07-2015, 06:52 PM   #11

No problem using the generator while driving to watch TV.. Just remember to turn it off when pulling into a gas station.. The generator averages 8/10 of a gallon per hour of usage

As for the washer/dryer the dealer wanted $3200 to have it installed from the factory.. I found the same unit for $1000 (at PPL) they install and figured I could save $2000 by doing it myself.. LATER I TALKED TO FACTORY REP AND HE SAID ALL THEY CHARGE IS $1500 TO DO THE WHOLE THING.. So you should use these numbers and work it into the deal
Old 12-07-2015, 08:21 PM   #12

Yes, my rep just confirmed that $1500 for the unit installed.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
Yes, my rep just confirmed that $1500 for the unit installed.
If they will hold the dealer to that then I would go for it.. I am not looking forward to lifting this 150 lbs when it warms up
Old 12-08-2015, 10:50 PM   #14

The F 53 has a TorqShift® HD 6-speed Automatic with Tow/Haul mode, not an Allison.
FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote