Old 05-23-2018, 10:13 AM   #1

364TS Satellite Installation

Hello,

Just received our Georgetown 364ts. We traded in our Cyclone toy hauler and so far we are really enjoying the Class A. I purchased the Winegard T4 in motion satellite dish. I know the coach is "prewired" for the installation but was curious if anyone has installed that dish and if they ran into any issues. I'm curious if there is prewired power up on top and where the best place to install the on/off switch in the coach. Also i see there should be a switch box somewhere but I haven't been able to locate that.

Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

"E"

Ericc57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:22 AM   #2

If it is still wired like my 2015 335DS, you will find a PVC "vent cap" on the roof that contains a coax and a flat RJ-4 cable. Both of these terminate in the center overhead cabinet. If you remove the back plate of the cabinet you will find it is a double wall and there is a hole cut where you can reach in and access the wiring from the roof.

I have attached the roof drawing for the 335 and you can see that there are two satellite pads built into the truss design. You might be able to get the same drawing for your coach, or at least ask if it is the same as the 335, which it might be.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161001_105655.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	302.5 KB
ID:	173035   Click image for larger version

Name:	335roof3.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	173036  

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:28 AM   #3

Iím not tech savvy but I think the dealer could only hook it up using coax, not HDMI. Not sure why they said that, but our tvís arenít very crisp. Maybe it was too much work because they were moving our Winegard from our 5th wheel so it was on our due bill so I donít think they realized how much work it was.

I doubt I answered your question so hopefully someone else will come along.

I believe the switch box is in the front center cupboard right above the windshield.

Congrats on your Georgetown!! We bought ours in April and love it so far!
KWhite2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:43 AM   #4

This is for a GT360 but may be similar to your GT364
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GT 360 TV.pdf (301.8 KB, 25 views)
bubbles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:51 AM   #5

No power

I just crawled up top and removed the cover. Coax is there and phone cable but no power for the dish. Dealer said it was prewired for power and coax. I guess I should have known better.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericc57 View Post
I just crawled up top and removed the cover. Coax is there and phone cable but no power for the dish. Dealer said it was prewired for power and coax. I guess I should have known better.
The "phone cable" (rj4) is the power.
Which 2 out of the 4 wires, I believe it was the black (negative) and red (12 volt positive). At least on my 378.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:25 AM   #7

I don't have an "active" dish like a Traveller, will the phone cable carry enough power for your dish? It is not connected down below and looks like it plugs into the control box for an active dish. Kinda small for motor power though.

2015 335DS
Old 05-23-2018, 01:44 PM   #8

RJ4 for Power

Scott, That's a great question.. Anybody know if that small of a gauge of wire can handle the voltage for the motor?

"E"
Old 05-23-2018, 01:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Scott, That's a great question.. Anybody know if that small of a gauge of wire can handle the voltage for the motor?

"E"
I suspect that they wouldn't have put it in if it couldn't. It is an RJ-4, is that the connector on your controller? It can handle the voltage...current is what I would question.

2015 335DS
Old 05-31-2018, 04:10 AM   #10

Installation

Quote:
Hello,

Just received our Georgetown 364ts. We traded in our Cyclone toy hauler and so far we are really enjoying the Class A. I purchased the Winegard T4 in motion satellite dish. I know the coach is "prewired" for the installation but was curious if anyone has installed that dish and if they ran into any issues. I'm curious if there is prewired power up on top and where the best place to install the on/off switch in the coach. Also i see there should be a switch box somewhere but I haven't been able to locate that.

Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

"E"
I can't help you on how to install. I just had it installed at my local dealer, I was happy to pay $1000 (labor) to install the T4 dish and two Walleys (one for my front tv and outside tv, and the other wally for the back tv. He did install a satellite switch in passenger overhead cabinet which powers dish.

We are hoping to use it during this weekends trip to PA. I hope it works as advertised. You need to remember even with two walleys you must watch channels from the same satellite if watching tv on different TV's.

Secarider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, satellite