Old 05-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #1

377XL refrigerator

Headed out on our first trip (1200 miles) and upon arrival the frige quit. Dealer had no answer, but $75 later the service tech opened the drawer in the dining seat and plugged it back in the socket. I would not have guessed it wasn't hard-wired.

We had a similar problem with the ice maker. No water. Finally found out there is a second valve in the basement under the frige. And oh by the way, slide out must be out for water to flow.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaladoBob View Post
Headed out on our first trip (1200 miles) and upon arrival the frige quit. Dealer had no answer, but $75 later the service tech opened the drawer in the dining seat and plugged it back in the socket. I would not have guessed it wasn't hard-wired.

We had a similar problem with the ice maker. No water. Finally found out there is a second valve in the basement under the frige. And oh by the way, slide out must be out for water to flow.
So what you are saying is that you never used the frig before your first trip? You always plug it in to power at home and make sure everything works before you drive.
Good luck.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Lol I'm wondering how it stopped working when it never even started working?
Old 05-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #4

Guess I have to be very specific on posting or humor runs out of control. The frige worked fine on the three day trip and coincidentally upon arrival at our destination the plug had vibrated enough to break connection. I just didn't guess where the plug would have been. Maybe the movement of the slide out was the final straw on that particular day. If you can't say anything helpful, why comment at all.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Guess I have to be very specific on posting or humor runs out of control. The frige worked fine on the three day trip and coincidentally upon arrival at our destination the plug had vibrated enough to break connection. I just didn't guess where the plug would have been. Maybe the movement of the slide out was the final straw on that particular day. If you can't say anything helpful, why comment at all.
Touchy. Why didn't you tell us that in your original message. That would have eliminated any more questions or comments.
Gee.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #6
Anacortesians

We had the fridge fail to start before our recent trip. After doing a search on the three RV newsgroups, I found a post that said "go look if there's any powdered sulfur round the base of the flue. If there is, the cooling unit is dead".

I went and looked, as sure as hell. New fridge is going in next Thursday (about $1500 with labor). Our 2-week trip to the Oregon Coast relied on the old style of camping - insulated coolers and buying 15 pounds of ice every day!
Old 05-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #7

Quote:

OMG, you don't even want to get me started on our GT 377 xl2014, our frig. we had that problem too, had it about 8 weeks, 5 weeks in the shop just got it back, went for a trip had to cut this week long trip short by 5 days so it can go back to the shop! Wait till your drain water line under your bath room pulls apart!!
Not happy at all!
Lori