Old 07-20-2018, 12:51 PM   #1

378 12 V aux dash plug

Does anyone know which fuse and which fuse box contains the fuse for the aux dash plug ie right beside ac knobs. I think its under hood on firewall but cant get it to open. Says pull with arrows to right but does not seem to want to open. Worried about breaking cover. Anyone know tricks on how to open?

Old 07-20-2018, 01:34 PM   #2

Feel for a plastic tab right around the corner (follow the arrows) and pull outward with finger and the lid will release outward.

bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:35 PM   #3

Yes lower tight corner tab and pull forward.
I just finally figured it out last month after trying for since 2012.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:02 PM   #4

Thank you guys for reply. We just arrived home. Blew fuse on way home. The Plug must have vibrated loose on rear and socket was loose. When I tried to tighten blew fuse. I think it may be fuse 22 under hood. Will try again with cover with your instructions.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:38 PM   #5

Was able to get cover open; bottom right corner is the secret code. Thank you. However, ohmd top of those fuses in box on firewall and they all appear to have continuity. Does anyone know where the fuse for aux plug in dash is located? Checked a few in corner under driver dash but after about five minutes laying on my back across driver seat with head on floor about five minutes is all I could take of that torture treatment tonight. If anyone knows where fuse is located would be grateful if you could identify location.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:38 PM   #6

How can you ohm a hot fuse? Answer you can't unless they are removed from socket.

Check Fuse #16 under dash.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	180546  

Old 07-20-2018, 09:02 PM   #7

378 12 V aux dash plug

Thanks iggy. I will go down and check 16 in the morning and will report results. The fuses have tabs on top. They can be continuity checked with ohm meter ie bell on a meter without removing. If fuse is open when the two tabs on top are checked with pos and neg lead it should show open. I was always under impression thats why they had a tab on each side on top so they could be checked without removing? Woops I stand corrected. It should be checked on dc volts with black lead to ground and red to each side of top of fuse if it has power on it. If no power Id assume it can be ohms checked. Thanks for the correction
Old 07-21-2018, 08:28 AM   #8

Pulled 20 amp fuse 16 out this morning from under driver dash and it checked good. Decided to pull dash piece out where socket is located to investigate. Found a 7.5 amp automotive type fuse holder pigtailed into wiring going to the socket. It was blown. Replaced and power on socket again. Thanks guys to all whom helped resolve.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvphil View Post
Pulled 20 amp fuse 16 out this morning from under driver dash and it checked good. Decided to pull dash piece out where socket is located to investigate. Found a 7.5 amp automotive type fuse holder pigtailed into wiring going to the socket. It was blown. Replaced and power on socket again. Thanks guys to all whom helped resolve.
Coming into this a little late, but that is where my fuses are for the two 12V Aux Plugs I have; directly behind the dash.

There is one thing I remain puzzled over though; every time I plug a phone charger or any other device into the Aux Plug the fuse blows. The fuse blows even when there is no phone plugged into the charger. Therefore I have to remove the fuses, plug in the phone charger (or other device) and insert the fuses again. No problem after that.

I know I could spend time troubleshooting this, but at the moment removing and reinserting the fuses isn't that much of a burden.
Harley Davidson Trike & Hobie Mirage Outback Kayaks
7x14 Covered Trailer (for Harley and Kayaks)
2016 Jeep Wranger (Toad when not on HD or Kayaking)
kjsandifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjsandifer View Post
Coming into this a little late, but that is where my fuses are for the two 12V Aux Plugs I have; directly behind the dash.

There is one thing I remain puzzled over though; every time I plug a phone charger or any other device into the Aux Plug the fuse blows. The fuse blows even when there is no phone plugged into the charger. Therefore I have to remove the fuses, plug in the phone charger (or other device) and insert the fuses again. No problem after that.

I know I could spend time troubleshooting this, but at the moment removing and reinserting the fuses isn't that much of a burden.
Their is a few additional thing wired into the 12 volt power plug in dash.
Radio, Power shades, map lights, and fans.