Old 01-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
2012 Georgetown 378

378 fridge problem

Hello, I have a 2012 378 and can't get the water or ice door dispensors to work. I took off the back panel outside and confirmed good water pressure at the valve but nothing comes out at the door. Suggestions anyone??

Ray, Cynthia, Duncan and Bailey
2012 Georgetown 378
2006 HD Ultra
1992 Fat Boy
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Have you contacted the dealer and asked them? I see you posted the same question under your Newbie post. Did any of the responses help? What Model refrigerator do you have? The sticker should be inside the door frame of the refrigerator compartment. There should be a PDF on-line from the manufacturer if no one else has the answer. Let us know the outcome.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
2012 Georgetown 378

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
Have you contacted the dealer and asked them? I see you posted the same question under your Newbie post. Did any of the responses help? What Model refrigerator do you have? The sticker should be inside the door frame of the refrigerator compartment. There should be a PDF on-line from the manufacturer if no one else has the answer. Let us know the outcome.
I keep my unit at a lot in town so I do not have access to the model number but it is the 4 door stainless steel with the water and ice dispensor option on the door. I keep getting jerked around by the dealer so I contacted the manufacturer and they could not explain it on the phone and said I should take it to an authorized dealer. Unfortunatley for us, the only other dealer listed on the fridge manufacturer web site is over 90 miles away. Although the cold keeping works fine, I want it to work like it is supposed to work. Another proble with it is the ignition lock is not working either and the left door does not lock at all, even with the manual lock. I was hoping that it would be something I could fix myself. this shpould have been caught by the dealer during the PDI but was not. Any suggestions????

2012 Georgetown 378
2006 HD Ultra
1992 Fat Boy
Old 01-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Since it's more than one thing, I'd take it back to the dealer to have it fixed under warranty. It may be a pain but you may need parts to fix this probelm such as a board.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 01-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #5

Hi ! Ray

If you do not have the manuals (Installation or User) I suggest you
go to the Dometic site.

There are 3 fuses in the back of the frig, 2 on the control
panel and 1 in-line fuse located just below the water valve.
The in-line fuse is hard to see because it is hidden behind all
wires.

Also Dometic has a Customer Support center which you can access
via their web site. i have contacted them in the past, great response.

I Hope this helps.

Gary
Old 01-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #6

In my G12 378 the frige you described is a Dometic RM1350.

There is some issues with this frige http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...t378-6681.html

I have a different issue, when the exterior temperature is around 72F and the fridge is on lpg or 80F on electricity, it can not keep his temperature. I put it on no 1 for 39F and it is going up to 42-43F and make a noise (annoying one) and some water flows by the exterior door. I think it is poor ventilation when the temperature goes up... Venting

Anyone had the same problem?

We are presently in south Texas and we have a couple of days with temperature +80F...
Old 01-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senforex View Post

There is some issues with this frige http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...t378-6681.html

I have a different issue, when the exterior temperature is around 72F and the fridge is on lpg or 80F on electricity, it can not keep his temperature. I put it on no 1 for 39F and it is going up to 42-43F and make a noise (annoying one) and some water flows by the exterior door. I think it is poor ventilation when the temperature goes up... Venting

We are presently in south Texas and we have a couple of days with temperature +80F...
I remember NWJeeper posting the same problem with the ventilation for the fridge. He included pictures and the process of how he fixed his.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...t378-6681.html

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 01-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #8
2012 Georgetown 378

Quote:

I believe that on my Dometic fridge unit the higher the number setting, the colder the fridge gets.....

2012 Georgetown 378
2006 HD Ultra
1992 Fat Boy
Old 01-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #9

Same thing for me but if it can not keep 39F at the no 1, the frige is neither able to keep it with the setting at the no 3-4 (colder one)!
Old 01-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #10
2012 Georgetown 378

Quote:
Same thing for me but if it can not keep 39F at the no 1, the frige is neither able to keep it with the setting at the no 3-4 (colder one)!

but the number 1 is not meant to keep it at 39...look at the numbers as degree sttings..the lower the number, the higher the temp setting..much like you home fridge where the dial says cold-----to coldest. set the fridge at 2 and leave it alone for a couple of hours, come back and check the temp. now raise the setting to 3 and you SHOULD see the temp drop a little after a while and even more if you set it higher. We keep it on 4 and it works great..keeps the fridge part at 37 all the time.....

2012 Georgetown 378
2006 HD Ultra
1992 Fat Boy