Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
Robert Strickland

378 Kitchen Sink dropping

2016 Model 378, The kitchen sink with your design of small blocks of wood and a metal bracket has not held up in our 378. We took a trip to Yellowstone and the pounding of the roads caused our sink to drop. I reported it and was told I was to get some more mounts but it did not happen. On the way from Yellowstone to NY the sink got worse because of the extreme rough roads in Indiana. It seems the design of the sink brackets cannot hold up to traveling. The sink covers have a tendency to bounce slightly causing the brackets to fall out and allow the sink to drop. I placed some blocks under the plumbing pipe to keep the sink from falling down. The Blocks of wood and metal brackets you use are not satisfactory. One they come loose you cannot tighten the screw adequately to hold the sink it just come loose again. The distance from the wood to the granite does not allow enough screw to tighten sufficiently

So I went looking for something that would work permanently to hold up the sink. I found the “Never Fall Complete Sink Repair system” in which I bought and installed it. I don’t think I’ll be having any problems in the future. Never Fall Complete Sink Repair System
Old 12-16-2017, 05:30 PM   #2

I had the same issue. I believe tthe small blocks are meant to hold the sink in place until the silicone sets. Mine had been done very sloppily and was missing in some places, I bet yours didn’t have any at all.

It amazes me how apathetic the workers and management are. Their tube runs out and they need to get the sink finished so the just use what’s left and move on. The few minutes FR saved cost me 4 hours, mostly cleaning left over silicone.

FR is not the only one, apathy is an industry wide issue.
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sink