Old 09-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #11
2012 Georgetown 378

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconsults View Post
Racyn778, I ordered one for the kitchen and one for the bathroom. Both are thermostatic controlled and have a rain sensor. I wish I would have got the remote, my wife is height-challenged and can't reach the controls, so I have to get up and do it. LOL. The rain sensor didn't work once on the one in the bathroom, luckily it didn't rain much.

I put the max air covers on after that, so now it doesn't matter.

Happy Trails, Forrest

Forrest, You ordered your Georgetown with them already installed?

Ray, Cynthia, Duncan and Bailey
2012 Georgetown 378
2006 HD Ultra
1992 Fat Boy
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #12
2012 Georgetown 378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I bet it is the ceiling light circuit or the thermostat wires to the front ceiling AC unit
April Conner just emailed me to say that the wires are there for just that, to install a powered fan. I want to believe her but the wires do not terminate there, they seem to continue forward and back. guess I can cut them to see what happens. the other question is why 2 brown and a white wire, why not just 2 to complete a circuit.
Anyways, going to order a powered fan and go for it!

2012 Georgetown 378
2006 HD Ultra
1992 Fat Boy
Old 09-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycyn778 View Post
April Conner just emailed me to say that the wires are there for just that, to install a powered fan. I want to believe her but the wires do not terminate there, they seem to continue forward and back. guess I can cut them to see what happens. the other question is why 2 brown and a white wire, why not just 2 to complete a circuit.
Anyways, going to order a powered fan and go for it!
If it is for a power vent at that location I bet you can pull lightly on one side that is going towards the front winshield it will pull out with bare ends capped. I bet it is just taped up and you may find a light resistance when pulling. Try it is can't hurt.

Wire colors are weird with DC but I will want you to check if you have power with a meter. Probably the browns may be positive 12 vdc and the white is negative 12 vdc. Only a meter will tell you for sure

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #14
2012 Georgetown 378

Quote:
If it is for a power vent at that location I bet you can pull lightly on one side that is going towards the front winshield it will pull out with bare ends capped. I bet it is just taped up and you may find a light resistance when pulling. Try it is can't hurt.

Wire colors are weird with DC but I will want you to check if you have power with a meter. Probably the browns may be positive 12 vdc and the white is negative 12 vdc. Only a meter will tell you for sure
Iggy, I ordered a MaxxAir fan with the built in rain guard. Got a great deal on Amazon. Will find out then about the wires! Should be here by end of week... On another note, it is time for oil, filter and lube. do you know what the requirements are for the Ford V-10? Oil Filter number? How many quarts it takes and how many lubrication points are there?

Thanks
Ray

2012 Georgetown 378
2006 HD Ultra
1992 Fat Boy
Old 09-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #15

Quote:
Iggy, I ordered a MaxxAir fan with the built in rain guard. Got a great deal on Amazon. Will find out then about the wires! Should be here by end of week... On another note, it is time for oil, filter and lube. do you know what the requirements are for the Ford V-10? Oil Filter number? How many quarts it takes and how many lubrication points are there?

Thanks
Ray
7 qt of semi sythentic Ford oil 5w20 (Walmart)
Oil Filter Ford FL820s (Walmarty if you are lucky to find them there)

Old 09-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #16
2012 Georgetown 378

Quote:
7 qt of semi sythentic Ford oil 5w20 (Walmart)
Oil Filter Ford FL820s (Walmarty if you are lucky to find them there)
thank you my friend, any idea on how many grease fittings there are on the chassis front and rear?? don't want to miss any while I am under the unit.

thanks
Ray

2012 Georgetown 378
2006 HD Ultra
1992 Fat Boy
Old 09-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #17

Quote:
thank you my friend, any idea on how many grease fittings there are on the chassis front and rear?? don't want to miss any while I am under the unit.

thanks
Ray
You are getting everything answered all in the same message. LOL
No fitting in the rearend.
Typical fitting in front. 2 on each wheel top and bottom, 1 on steering and 2 I think on steering cross arms.
I also spray my sway bar bushings with lithium grease. So the bar can easily slide and rotate easily.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #18

This might help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lubepoints.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	39483  
Old 09-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #19
2012 Georgetown 378

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
This might help
Iggy and Bubbles thanks for your help. Got the MaxxAir fan installed. Man it is very very quiet and with 15 speeds in either direction and built in rain guard, it beats the Fantastic fan I have in the bathroom area by a mile. had to pigtail in to the wires I found to make it work. they did not terminate there.
Also, there appear to be 8 grease fittings as I could not find one on the steering box, only a plug. And Walmart had the filter and oil. Had to transfer from the 5 quart jug to the two single quart containers to fill as there is definitely not enough room to pour from the larger container. I noticed that some bought a pump but it really was not that big of a deal for something that you do not very often.
thanks again you guys....

2012 Georgetown 378
2006 HD Ultra
1992 Fat Boy
Old 09-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Iggy and Bubbles thanks for your help. Got the MaxxAir fan installed. Man it is very very quiet and with 15 speeds in either direction and built in rain guard, it beats the Fantastic fan I have in the bathroom area by a mile. had to pigtail in to the wires I found to make it work. they did not terminate there.
Also, there appear to be 8 grease fittings as I could not find one on the steering box, only a plug. And Walmart had the filter and oil. Had to transfer from the 5 quart jug to the two single quart containers to fill as there is definitely not enough room to pour from the larger container. I noticed that some bought a pump but it really was not that big of a deal for something that you do not very often.
thanks again you guys....
Glad to hear you got the fan installed. I may have to look at that fan in the future.
Yes a hand pump works wonders but youhave to have a cart to place the 5 qt jug on.
Performance W1145 Multi-Use Transfer Pump: Automotive : Walmart.com

Tags
vent