Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Freds342's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 407
Same pump at Harbor "Fright", usually $4.99. I keep several around for the boat and the MoHo.

No good for gasoline, though, as it eats the seal.
__________________

__________________
2005 Georgetown 342DS XL, Full Banks Package
2005 Liberty Renegade 4X Toad
1989 Wrangler Sahara Toad
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
copsuno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Greer, SC
Posts: 277
I guess you guys just like doing your own oil changes, but the V10 is same as 350-450 and so on, point is Ford dealer will do the change for 39.95, at least that is what I pay, no muss no fuss, JS.
__________________

__________________
Logic will carry you from point A to point B. Imagination will carry you everywhere. "Albert Einstein". 2011 Georgetown 360, Bride of 45yrs, and 2014 Chev Equinox toad, what more could you ask for.
copsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #23
2012 Georgetown 378
 
raycyn778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Darlington, SC
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by copsuno View Post
I guess you guys just like doing your own oil changes, but the V10 is same as 350-450 and so on, point is Ford dealer will do the change for 39.95, at least that is what I pay, no muss no fuss, JS.
Local Ford dealer here does not have a lift or a pit to accommodate RV weight or size. sends them to a heavy truck repair shop
__________________

Ray, Cynthia, Duncan and Bailey
2012 Georgetown 378
2006 HD Ultra
1992 Fat Boy
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Freds342's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycyn778 View Post
Local Ford dealer here does not have a lift or a pit to accommodate RV weight or size. sends them to a heavy truck repair shop
Same situation here, and the truck shop charges a minimum of $69.95 plus any fluids!

Even Wal*Marts here charge $59.95 plus fluids, and miss most of the zerks, don't check even the chassis battery, brake fluid, tranny fluid.

They DO fill the washer bottle, though!

It takes me about 45 minutes to do it right, including all 11 zerks, and I do my genny run while I'm at it. I, also, don't get greasy footprints on the floor when I write down the mileage!
__________________
2005 Georgetown 342DS XL, Full Banks Package
2005 Liberty Renegade 4X Toad
1989 Wrangler Sahara Toad
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #25
2012 Georgetown 378
 
raycyn778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Darlington, SC
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freds342 View Post
Same situation here, and the truck shop charges a minimum of $69.95 plus any fluids!

Even Wal*Marts here charge $59.95 plus fluids, and miss most of the zerks, don't check even the chassis battery, brake fluid, tranny fluid.

They DO fill the washer bottle, though!

It takes me about 45 minutes to do it right, including all 11 zerks, and I do my genny run while I'm at it. I, also, don't get greasy footprints on the floor when I write down the mileage!

11 zerks?? Does that include 3 on the drive line?? I found 8 on the front end, where are the others?
__________________

Ray, Cynthia, Duncan and Bailey
2012 Georgetown 378
2006 HD Ultra
1992 Fat Boy
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Freds342's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycyn778 View Post
11 zerks?? Does that include 3 on the drive line?? I found 8 on the front end, where are the others?
On the older F53, there are two more on the front end, and one on the parking brake. Driveline U-joints are sealed, thank goodness!
__________________

__________________
2005 Georgetown 342DS XL, Full Banks Package
2005 Liberty Renegade 4X Toad
1989 Wrangler Sahara Toad
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
vent

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.