Forest River Forums
Sunline User Photos

Old 12-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #1

378 slide area dimensions

Ready to put that shiny new tape measure from Santa to work?

I need the measurements of the living room slide areas on the 378 (height, width, depth). On the driver's side, I just need the area forward of the kitchen counter (where the sofa starts). I've searched FR and this forum, can't find 'em.

Also, can't find any weight restrictions for the slides. In case you swap the furniture for something heavier, how heavy can you go? Or are you OK as long as you stay within the GVWR?

As always, many thanks for all the help here. Great forum. Hoping to start my path toward becoming one of the wise elders here in 2013!

JJB

Old 12-26-2012, 07:56 AM   #2

I'm thinking someone wants to replace the hide-a-bed and recliner with a couple of big comfy Lazy-Boy like recliners??????????

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS
Pontiac G6 toad or
2004 GL1800 Honda Goldwing
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #3

Possibly. Or maybe a deeper, longer sofa sleeper. I'm 6'3", would be nice to have one where I can stretch all the way out between the arms (those are rare). And I doubt I'll be able to stand upright in the slide, just wondering how much I'll have to hunch over to keep from bangin' my noggin' on the top of the frame. Do they make bumper pads for those things?

On that subject, how's the shower experience for you tall guys and gals?

JJB
Old 12-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #4

I'm looking around for 2 wall-hugger recliners to replace the couch. Then a table between. Any good ideas or pictures would be helpful folks.

Iggy
( 2013 - 98 days ) ( 2012 - 63 days )
Iggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I'm looking around for 2 wall-hugger recliners to replace the couch. Then a table between. Any good ideas or pictures would be helpful folks.

Iggy
Iggy, just make sure that it is a wall hugger style. Don't ask how I know!!!
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoBird
Ready to put that shiny new tape measure from Santa to work?

I need the measurements of the living room slide areas on the 378 (height, width, depth). On the driver's side, I just need the area forward of the kitchen counter (where the sofa starts). I've searched FR and this forum, can't find 'em.

Also, can't find any weight restrictions for the slides. In case you swap the furniture for something heavier, how heavy can you go? Or are you OK as long as you stay within the GVWR?

As always, many thanks for all the help here. Great forum. Hoping to start my path toward becoming one of the wise elders here in 2013!

JJB
Slide length=98", sofa is 69" and chair is 29". There's no room left over. Slide is 29" depth, sofa over hangs by 3-4". Height is 69" but you mst subtract 12" for overhead cabs. Unless you levitate leaving chair or sofa you cannot strike your head.
Dining space is similar with no overhead cabs. Hope it's useful.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdog View Post
Iggy, just make sure that it is a wall hugger style. Don't ask how I know!!!
OK for sure.
What did you end up with?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #8

Quote:
OK for sure.
What did you end up with?
Sure....found a "home theater" combo with center storage. Have room at the end for a table with a file cabinet for all the important papers. We also have a lamp there, makes it look like home. Notice the lack of carpet. You can just barely see the runner that we use down the center of the living area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	couch (2).jpg
Views:	43
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	22542  
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Old 12-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdog View Post
Sure....found a "home theater" combo with center storage. Have room at the end for a table with a file cabinet for all the important papers. We also have a lamp there, makes it look like home. Notice the lack of carpet. You can just barely see the runner that we use down the center of the living area.
Thant is what my DW is looking for.
Is it a wall hugger?
Where did you buy from?
How much?
I also noticed the pole lamp. Didn't know that that wall had an outlet.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #10

Quote:
Thant is what my DW is looking for.
Is it a wall hugger?
Where did you buy from?
How much?
I also noticed the pole lamp. Didn't know that that wall had an outlet.
Found the "home theater" seating at a furniture outlet on sale for 50% off. Cost us $1100. All real leather, too. We just lucked out. We had been looking for awhile but they were all way to expensive. And they do recline, are wall-away style and in fact, they sleep great! We have a duplex outlet on the exterior wall close to the kitchen. That is where the orginal hide a bed air pump was plugged in.

Max E. Dog, the new pup