Originally Posted by Moorio
How did you dissemble that motor? There are no screws to take out. It is a factory sealed unit.
You don't need to disassemble the motor to get to the wires. They protrude out the end of the motor. I put shrink tubing on the worn wire to cover the worn spot and then inserted the motor back into the shade tube assembly. You have to be careful to index the motor correctly so the shade hits the dash at the end of the motor's rotational travel. You might want to take a photo of the motor's position in the shade before sliding it out of the tube.
I forgot to do that so I measured from the centerline of the shade tube to the dash and them opened the shade out on the driveway to that length. I then ran the motor until it reached it's down most position and then inserted it back into the tube. That way, when I ran the shade down again, it stopped right as it touched the dash. It was working well. Too bad it stopped again.