Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #1

378ts slide info

Had.dealership.adjust.my slides.and.it now.looks.like something is.missing. almost.like.all.the parts.were.not.replaced. can any one describe what their underneath looks.like example color, material such as.plastic metal wood and is there a tape strip on corners. And does the bottom of the bedroom slide look like the other two. Thanks for all the help
marclaw15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #2

Had both main and drivers slide worked on at dealer before delivery. Seems the rub slip under the carpet edge raked across the bottom of the slide, ripping the black material off the bottom. They installed 2 Nylon rub strips, as deep as the slide, and about 4" wide at each end of the slide. Now, when I close the slides, it runs up on the rub strips, and doesn't contact the bottom of the slide itself. I looked at a number of other 2011 Georgetown 378 at the dealer, and most of them had the bottom of the slide scraped/ripped and would need to be repaired. Dealer was not doing any of the repairs until the units were sold- didn't create the most promising first impression.
After getting the camera monitor and relay fixed, everything is running well. Just returned from Gulf Shores, and not a moments problem, pulling a CRV toad. 6-1/2 to 7-1/2 MPG at 59-64 MPH. I like the V-10, but usually only use the tow/haul in town traffic or down long grades.
Very pleased with the overall quality, and would purchase again. Full body paint is beautiful, if expensive.
Paul
Maddog378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #3

My bedroom slide is white and smooth my livingroom and dinning room are now black and look like they are missing a bar down each side. They look unfinished. I can see drill holes down each side. I am talking about under the slides when they are out. Is that what everyone else has to
Old 06-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #4

Marclaw if you post some pics it might help get some answers.
jmduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #5

I have a 2011 378 and my main slide had the same problem, wood chipped under the edge, also the entertainment slide was out of adjustment. The slide adjustment is a pretty quick fix as this is a dual ram system rather than a one ram and a cog gear system as some units use.

I found that the rub on the edge of the main slide was not caused by the slide itself, it occurred because the unit was not level using the auto-level system. The slide is a big box sitting in a big hole, both need to be square. When out of level the chassis twiks the slide hole and it creates a jam that the hydraulics over power causing the rub. I did a recalibration of the auto level, then repaired the exposed wood with JB weld. No further problems.

Marclaw15 asked if the underside of the slides looked the same, no, the bedroom slide has a fiberglass underside, the other slides are OSB covered in a dark colored protective coating. The slide ends are screwed through this coating leaving the "holes". This also leaves the raw wood in the screw holes exposed to the elements. I have filled all of those on my unit. Filled with JB Weld, then put packing tape over the filled area until it cures, leaves a nice slick repair when the tape is removed.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:35 PM   #6

Thanks that was what I was looking for dealer did the repairs on slides now it looked like they forgot to finish. Dealer told me they didn't do any repair to slides but I found tools under coach they scratch the paint on slide and screwed up the carpet . Bad dealer. Again thanks for your help

Tags
378ts