Old 04-13-2016, 01:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvinson404 View Post
So has anyone installed the 5star tune on a 2016 with 6spd transmission? Any improvement?
I am curious to because I cant see how the new 6 speed could be improved.. It is so much better than the 5 speed

Old 04-13-2016, 06:33 AM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVnut View Post
I am curious to because I cant see how the new 6 speed could be improved.. It is so much better than the 5 speed

Agreed. I'm sure there may be improvements in performance, but I'm pretty happy with what I'm getting from mine, and I was use to a diesel. Pulled a toad from OH to FL and never drop below 55mph, and engine was never above 3200rpm. I'm good with that

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 04-13-2016, 06:37 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvinson404 View Post
So has anyone installed the 5star tune on a 2016 with 6spd transmission? Any improvement?
I talked to them last month for my 2016 Georgetown XL 350. The question was asked about whether I was a 5 or 6 spd(I am on the older 2015 chases w/5-er) but implied that 6sp version wasn't out yet. At least that was my take on the questions.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:12 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalberto View Post
I talked to them last month for my 2016 Georgetown XL 350. The question was asked about whether I was a 5 or 6 spd(I am on the older 2015 chases w/5-er) but implied that 6sp version wasn't out yet. At least that was my take on the questions.
Oh the 6 speed is out and after driving a 5 speed for 4 years I could never go back now that we are driving our new 6 speed version.. Its like day vs night.. No massive jumps in RPM and with the extra gear every little hill does not require a high rev down shift.. Way more fun to drive
Old 04-13-2016, 11:31 AM   #15

Quote:
Oh the 6 speed is out and after driving a 5 speed for 4 years I could never go back now that we are driving our new 6 speed version.. Its like day vs night.. No massive jumps in RPM and with the extra gear every little hill does not require a high rev down shift.. Way more fun to drive
Pretty sure he means the 5star tune for 6 speed isn't out yet.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:39 AM   #16

Quote:
I'm running a 5 star tune on my F350 diesel. I know it isn't what the original question was but because I have a 6 speed in that truck, I can tell you that 5 star can really work wonders with the shift points.

Although I don't have a driving RV, here is what they've done with the 6 speed from what I have experienced.

Shift points are a little more crisp yet still very smooth. There was a 6 gear bog on the Superduties where it would hold 6th gear all the way down to about 39mph where we'd be running about 900rpm. 5 star changed the shift points to now it will drop down to 5th gear at about 45mph and 4th gear at about 38mph. It is much more responsive and much more driver friendly.

Again, I understand we are talking about 2 different vehicles but for those like you who can't see how they can improve it, you'd be surprised once you actually tune what they can do to something that seems great right out of the factory.

And lastly, I got the tuner specifically for the trans tuning, not because it gave more hp/tq. I would NEVER go back to factory tuning.

-------------

To the person questioning about a "footprint"

All tuners leave a footprint that Ford can see (manufacturer, not dealer). I don't care what SCT says.. they do leave one and they've been leaving them since around 2005 +/-. Not only that, but for those tuners that tie into the ECU wire harnesses that don't download an actual file but "fool" the ECU, Ford was able to see those since around 2005 as well as I know one of the guys who was responsible for creating the software for finding "modifications".

It requires the dealer to hook up their computer to the vehicle and Ford will take control of it and download certain files that the dealerships don't have access to. This usually will only happen with a catastrophic
failure so I really wouldn't worry about that. Gas tuners don't do much for hp/tq increase unless you are turbo/super charged.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmex View Post
Pretty sure he means the 5star tune for 6 speed isn't out yet.
Thanks - I wasn't clear - I did mean the 5-Star...yes the 6 speed is out - wish I had but wasn't a deal breaker for the Coach we wanted.

cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote