Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2016, 09:39 AM   #1

50 amp plug

Hate to be a doofus, but in the same compartment as my power cord on my Georgetown 340TS there is a 50 amp plug in. As you may remember, we did not get an intelligent walk-thru, nor did we get manuals. Can somebody please tell me what this is for???
tecduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:46 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to B and B
I believe to plug your cord into to use your generator if equipped.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:49 AM   #3

If above ^ is right then it means you don't have an automatic cut-over between shore power and generator. You can test this by disconnecting from shore power, starting the generator and see if your AC only items (microwave, air conditioner for example) will run. If they do, well then you have a cut-over device. If not, STOP the generator, plug into that 50A outlet, then restart the generator and try the AC devices again. Please report back what you find so others can learn.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:55 AM   #4

B&B is correct you plug into to utilize your generator.
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:25 PM   #5

50 amp plug

Thanks to all of you who helped educate me! Have never had a coach that did not have auto switch between Genny and Shore Power, so the fact that I have to plug shore cord in to the plug in power cord compartment to allow appliances to run off Generator was a new one. Guess we will learn one post at a time!!! Now if we can just find the fresh water tank drain and the low point drains before winter, we're good!!!
tecduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:55 PM   #6

If you open the propane access compartment door they are both there to your left. The one with the valve is the tank and the one with the cap is low point. Now if you remove the black plastic (I believe two screws) along the top with the white hand hole you will find your water pump and the easy winterizing valve. I took the black plastic out and left it out so I can see the tank when filling and for easy winterizing.
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 02:48 PM   #7
2013 GEORGETOWN 351 DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecduo View Post
Thanks to all of you who helped educate me! Have never had a coach that did not have auto switch between Genny and Shore Power, so the fact that I have to plug shore cord in to the plug in power cord compartment to allow appliances to run off Generator was a new one. Guess we will learn one post at a time!!! Now if we can just find the fresh water tank drain and the low point drains before winter, we're good!!!

Should be on the passenger side just behind the rear wheels
2017 Honda Civic
RELHUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:06 AM   #8

Generator power problem

I have a 2006 Georgetown 340TS. When I am plugged in to shore power, everything is great. But if I plug into the generator then none of the outlets work or the microwave. Any thoughts? Checked circuit breakers and they are in the on position and generator runs great. Just not getting power to the coach.
Bill1172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:12 AM   #9

Do you have automatic transfer switch or do you plug your power cord into an outlet that is in compartment? Did you check breaker on the generator?
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:17 AM   #10

I plug in to an outlet in the compartment. Breakers are in the ON position and 7.5amp fuse looks good.
Bill1172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:29 AM   #11

Bill I don't know if we are talking about the same breaker since your using the plural breakers. Inside the generator down near bottom there is a separate breaker. Turn it completely to off then back on. If that does not work take voltmeter and check outlet that you plug your cord into to determine if problem is before the outlet at the generator or after the outlet in the coach.
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
50 amp