Old 05-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #21

Did you install a disconnected (plug)? Mine is hardwired. I could cut and put plugs on both ends but haven't seen the need to

Old 05-11-2014, 11:22 PM   #22

I pull enough to reach the power box out of the door first. Straighten out the kinks first and then feed it through the hole. Much easier than wrestling it directly thru the hole. Best ultimate solution would be to install marine style connectors to the 50amp cord and bottom of the storage bay. Simple twist on then. That's what my Montana had. West Marine and others carry them.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:28 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMFl View Post
I pull enough to reach the power box out of the door first. Straighten out the kinks first and then feed it through the hole.
Same here. I don't think it is a big deal to work it that way.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:42 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycham View Post
Did you install a disconnected (plug)? Mine is hardwired. I could cut and put plugs on both ends but haven't seen the need to
I got both plug ends and will be installing them as soon as I get the coach back from the dealer. Not so hard during warmer weather, but a PITA when it's cold. I plan on keeping the cord in a container that you could easily drop on the ground and then pull one end through the access port. It makes it easier to stow and clean up after use. As a bonus, you can install a portable surge protect and not have to worry about having it stolen since it's inside the basement.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:40 PM   #25

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMFl View Post
I pull enough to reach the power box out of the door first. Straighten out the kinks first and then feed it through the hole. Much easier than wrestling it directly thru the hole. Best ultimate solution would be to install marine style connectors to the 50amp cord and bottom of the storage bay. Simple twist on then. That's what my Montana had. West Marine and others carry them.
That is what I do as well and it works OK. I would like a power reel but I don't think there is room for that and still get at the other stuff that's in there.
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:25 PM   #26
Retired US Army CW4

Bought a set of these at Camping World. Cut the 50 amp cord about 20 inches from the convertor and installed these inline effectively making the 50 amp line an extension cord. I can now lift out the whole cord and simply feed the end through the access hole and plug it in. MUCH EASIER!
Attached Images

Tom and Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:39 PM   #27

I cut a notch in the electric bay and added some rubber seals. So now I just have to pull my cord out, tuck it in the notch and close the door. I'll post some pics when I get home next week.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:08 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Kat View Post
Bought a set of these at Camping World. Cut the 50 amp cord about 20 inches from the convertor and installed these inline effectively making the 50 amp line an extension cord. I can now lift out the whole cord and simply feed the end through the access hole and plug it in. MUCH EASIER!
Winner winner chicken dinner!!

Tags
50 amp, power