Old 04-28-2014, 10:22 PM   #1

50 amp power cord trick?

Has anyone with a Georgetown come up with a trick way of deploying or storing the 50 amp power cord, affectionately called the "Annaconda"?

The space within the storage compartment makes it limited for having any kind of a spool that I've come across.

These things are really unmanageable when they're cold!!!!!!!!

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:35 PM   #2
Fulltime family RVer

I don't have a Georgetown, but I do store my 50 amp cord in a 5 gallon bucket. It can be a bit difficult when it is cold, but I have always been able to manage.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:09 PM   #3
ME

No more responses? Mine is brutal and who can ever run it out of the portal? Needs a fix for sure Harbor Freight type of fix!
Old 04-28-2014, 11:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks1032 View Post
No more responses? Mine is brutal and who can ever run it out of the portal? Needs a fix for sure Harbor Freight type of fix!

I run it out the portal, but it's a pain. Don't like running it out the door. I see no way of deploying it easily. No room! I carry a 30 amp cord with 50 amp adapters. Often use it and it's much easier to handle. Usually don't need 50 amps and a lot of the time it isn't available.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:15 AM   #5

I shove ours across the upper pass thru and try to only pull out just what I need to hook up, have thought about putting on a twist lock like our old 5er and get a shorter cord and that way I can coil up and store in a compartment and use which ever one is needed
Old 04-29-2014, 07:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Has anyone with a Georgetown come up with a trick way of deploying or storing the 50 amp power cord, affectionately called the "Annaconda"?

The space within the storage compartment makes it limited for having any kind of a spool that I've come across.

These things are really unmanageable when they're cold!!!!!!!!
When its that cold most people run a (30amp) cord,easy to manage. Youroo!!
Old 04-29-2014, 09:18 AM   #7

On my old Monaco it was easy. I would pull the cord back through the hatch, then using figure 8's would loop it into the power bay. actually easier then the 5th wheel in that respect.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:23 AM   #8

I purchased 30 feet of Glendinning bulk RV 50 amp cable and made an extension cable to mate with the existing cable and park electrical box. Glendinning cable is expensive but is like a slinky even in freezing weather (more pliable than 30 amp cable). Sometimes I may have to pull a portion (3 feet) of the existing cable through the opening but 95% of the time I do not. My in line surge protector also can stay within the cable compartment. The glendinning cable is so easy to work with that I probably will pay the extra bucks and swap out my existing cable as well. The bulk cable was about $7.00 a foot but I find that is acceptable for the ease in which I reap the benefits. I can coil the extension into a tiny, limp coil and toss it in the cable compartment There is also extension and complete cables that are terminated on one/both ends available but not sure of pricing. Anyway, that is my "trick".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	glendinning cable.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	51206  
Old 04-29-2014, 09:26 AM   #9

+1 on a 30A extension for colder days. As far as the 50A, I use one of those plastic storage bins with two holes. One hole on the bottom that matches the portal, the other from the side.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:32 AM   #10

I "roll" my 50 amp cord around piece of sonotube "cardboard for concrete pole product".i lay the cord flat then roll over it with the tube to spool it up...bout the only way when its freezing. Usually I use the 50-30 marinco adapter and just run the 30amp cord....its only a baby anaconda....lol

sent from fat fingers via a space dish thing with no regard to grammer.

2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
50 amp, power