Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #21

Enjoy and have fun!

Iggy, will you be attending the FROG Rally in Tucson this September?
nailit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #22

Whatever price they ask, knock 15-30% off, if they are anxious they will deal otherwise shop around. My 2011 Georgetown listed at $140k on sale for $124k, I offered $95k got it for $97k. Was it a good deal? I don't really know but I am satisfied. previous rig was a big Montana 5er lugged by a Ford f350 dually diesel.
tetsurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #23

Nice Iggy, we've got an early 2012 , 378 i like how they raised the roof on the XL ... good deal i think, got ours close to the same, haven't found anyone that would sell for 95k or so .. i'd just say take it slow for awhile, there real rock an rollers takes alittle getting used to ... we've had very few problems, so we're happy campers .. good luck
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #24
Hob

Congrats Iggy, guess you will have to quit talking to the little guys with travel trailers now.
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailit View Post
Enjoy and have fun!

Iggy, will you be attending the FROG Rally in Tucson this September?
Yes and I will be helping with Bob arrange things.
Hope to see you there.

Iggy
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob View Post
Congrats Iggy, guess you will have to quit talking to the little guys with travel trailers now.

Thx. I will always remember the past 20 years of 5th wheeling. I will also check out what the others are doing and planning. I'm not a snob.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #27

Congrats

Great, I am sure you will get many miles of enjoyment, you mentioned on another post about tow veh. You know Motor Home Mag has a great tow guide for flat towing and on their web site you can go back several years to see a good fit. Any way enjoy, would join you in Yellowstone, except I will be in Nova Scotia then. Safe Travels.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #28

Check your coach real close when you pick it up.I got the same coach a few weeks ago.The pump on the air mattress went out the first time i air it up.All the double doors on the cabinets were to close together,had to move hinges to adjust.Found trim loose,had to glue.Rear air making noise when compressor comes on.was tighten down to far bolts from compressor touching roof.will be fix this week.Some trim dose not line up.Black tank had carpet in it ,stop up drain hose.Check air shock on top of door,mine was bent were it mounts on door.The door in bed room needs stop on it so it wont hit sink cabinet if is open to far.Check your shower door mine had some bottom guides out of track.Check bed spread .ours was coming apart at seams.still waiting on forrest river to send hew one.The coach has some very nice things in it,was not check very close when they built it.Forrest River could spend a little more time and have a very nice coach.
manvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:45 PM   #29

Thanks manvel.
We do plan on doing a complete check tomorrow. I also plan to video tape it all as they tell me about things. I also have a list of questions to ask. I also did a closer look during the week and spend almost a hour inside and out. I will post tomorrow night when I get it home.

We are planning a shake down trip in the next 10 days but haven't decided where yet. I want to drive up to Sedona AZ which is about 50 miles away. That is a beautiful area. Almost as good as the Grand Canyon.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #30

Check your coach real,real close before you drive it off.mine has been used 5 days lots of problems.Rear air is going to be replace.But now BIG problem ,on bottom of main slide wood was tearing off,it is in shop now,they said Forrest River did not secure a plate on frame right.They can not fixed,major job whole bottom of slide needs to be replace.This is my first Forest river and will be my last.This is suppose to be there better coach,hope yours is built better than mine.Good luck
manvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by manvel View Post
Check your coach real,real close before you drive it off.mine has been used 5 days lots of problems.Rear air is going to be replace.But now BIG problem ,on bottom of main slide wood was tearing off,it is in shop now,they said Forrest River did not secure a plate on frame right.They can not fixed,major job whole bottom of slide needs to be replace.This is my first Forest river and will be my last.This is suppose to be there better coach,hope yours is built better than mine.Good luck
Thank you. We have gone over the rig twice and not driven it off the lot yet. My dealer is doing a great job in making the corrections which most are minor issues. The biggest one was found by their mechanic was the automatic transfer switch was not working right and they ordered it. All other issues were minor cosmetic inside and nothing major inside.
Sorry to hear about your rig. Sounds like someone was already living in it.
I will check under the big slide to see if it is torn.

So are they replacing your rear AC?

Tags
378ts, 5th wheel