Old 12-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #11

Hi ! Jimf

Just a note my sat rec does not have cox out either

However FR provided L/R/V cabling to the Front tv.

Have a good one !

Gary

Old 12-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #12

Jim F: In response to your original post, I found the splitter in my '09 378 behind the storage compartment above the passenger seat where the crappy A/V unit is. There is a wall plate with some A/V cables coming through it in that compartment. I removed the wall plate and cut a hole large enough to get my hand through and found it. I installed a Winegard coax switchbox with 3 outputs in it's place. Any other questions, let me know.

raoulwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:06 PM   #13

Hi Jim F: I've had a chance to read all the posts on this thread and thought I would expand on my previous post. I looked at the TV wiring diagram provided by mbtelguy. The setup on my '09 is slightly different. I didn't have the Movie Vision selector box in mine. The rest of the wiring is similar. I'd still be willing to bet you're splitter is located behind the antenna booster plate somewhere. You could check with FR to make sure though.

It sounds as though you have an HD DVR since you have an HDMI output. You didn't mention whether you have an HD dish or if you even wanted to watch Hi Def programming in your MH. If your wanting to watch HD, you'll probably have to locate your DVR by the TV and connect via an HDMI cable. If you're OK with standard def, you can locate your DVR in the overhead compartment even though it doen't have an RF output. Just buy an RF modulator (Radio Shack) and connect it to the composite video out jack of your DVR (I'm pretty sure it has one) and the RF output of the modulator to the coax going to your TV tuned to channel 3.
raoulwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #14

Got it, finally. I eliminated the switch box and replaced it with a dimplexer (one side from satelite in the other from TV antenna booster in), put a high gain splitter on the tv coax under the TV in the slide and in the bedroom. Connected a Sat Box to each splitter and the sat box to the TV via hdmi, the outher side out of the splitter goes to the TV to supply over the air antenna. Works like a charm, have over the air tv or satellite by just switching imput on the TV. Leave the Sat Box on and can record programs while watching TV on over the air antenna.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #15

Photos would be nice when you can, I have a 360, 2011 mdl and all my cables and switch box are located in over head on passenger side, above dash. My problem is my main tv is located at end of kitchen counter, next to 1/2 bath. I am still trying to figure how to access rear tv for second sat box. What a cluster!.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #16
2012 Georgetown 378

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimF View Post
Got it, finally. I eliminated the switch box and replaced it with a dimplexer (one side from satelite in the other from TV antenna booster in), put a high gain splitter on the tv coax under the TV in the slide and in the bedroom. Connected a Sat Box to each splitter and the sat box to the TV via hdmi, the outher side out of the splitter goes to the TV to supply over the air antenna. Works like a charm, have over the air tv or satellite by just switching imput on the TV. Leave the Sat Box on and can record programs while watching TV on over the air antenna.
Jim, hello, I am starting the process to do the same thing you did in my 378. I want to put an HD DVR in the cabinet below the TV to allow me to connect with HDMI and a standard sat. reciever in the b-room. I was going to run a single wire from the sat. into the cabinet below the the TV from under the slide and use a splitter in the cabinet to connect two wires to the DVR. Should I run a third cable up to the pass side overhead to connect to the sat. in on the switch box to allow a sat. signal to get to the rear tv? I will just use the HDMI in on the TV to get a signal there. does this make sense to you?? In my limited experience at RV parks it appears that it is better to keep the sat out in front of the RV near the street for a clear view of the sky. so I will not be using the input box in the power cabinet in the rear of the RV. how do you connect your portable sat to the rv? Do you use the cable jack in the power cable storage bin?
Thanks
Ray

Ray, Cynthia, Duncan and Bailey
2012 Georgetown 378
2006 HD Ultra
1992 Fat Boy
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote