Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2018, 08:46 AM   #1

A/V switch?

First of all sorry for the questions but this was our first trip and plenty of thing are coming up. During the pdi I was told it was not wired for satellite. I have a single cable plug in the rear. I tried toplace my dish receiver in that bay and run it to that Jack while turning the antenna amp off. I was able to see the sat screen on 3 with all tv's but the screen was bad snowy. I gave up and later last night I open the overhead above the driver seat and find this control box. Can someone tell me what I have and how to use it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180308_073935.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	164556
Old 03-08-2018, 09:28 AM   #2

This might help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV Wiring.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	164560  
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:35 AM   #3

Your unit is only prewired for SAT with a cable that goes to the roof where it is stowed. It is for a rooftop antenna if you want to install one. The other end of that cable might be connected to the A/V panel or it may be stowed behind that panel in the overhead.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:42 AM   #4

So, you connected your carryout antenna to the receiver and the receiver to that connection in the bay. You now need to select CABLE on that A/V panel. What Dish receiver do you have?
Old 03-08-2018, 10:11 AM   #5

What DISH receiver do you have?
Old 03-08-2018, 10:17 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
What DISH receiver do you have?
A 211k I had planned on using the coax out to feed the cable input of the rv.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclinton View Post
A 211k I had planned on using the coax out to feed the cable input of the rv.
Then you are aware that the 211K's remote is not RF and if in the bay without an adapter you will not be able to control the receiver. What you need to do is connect the antenna to that port (park cable input) in the bay and then remove the park cable connected to the A/V switch and connect it to your receiver in the overhead then connect another coax cable from the receiver to the A/V switch where the park cable was connected and you will be good to go. Select CABLE on the A/V switch. You will have to leave the overhead compartment door open so the remote will work. I have a diagram of my install that uses an A/B switch for when I connect park cable to the input in the bay instead of the SAT antenna.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:34 PM   #8

You might want to check the coax splitter behind the panel. I had thus same problem and found the cables were all loose. Also, the black switching was bad so I replaced it with one that has inputs for cable, tv, aux1 aux2 and RGB and outputs for all 3 TV's, now I can view cable on one tv while viewing a movie on CD on another. Its no longer one connection for all TV's. Bought it on Amazon

5 input, 3 Output Video Switching Center Accept 5 inputs: TV antenna, DVD, satellite https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SWGSESO?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

You will need to remove the splitter and bring all of the cables to the switching.......
CarefreeCorses is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
switch