Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2015, 07:32 AM   #1
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

About to pull trigger on new 364TS

I've got 3 deals working right now on a new 364TS. Finally got a chance to walk through one last night and the wife loves it. We've been kicking aroung the idea for about a month now and looked at about every model out there (FR of course). I wanted to go DP, but at this point in our lives, the Georgetown makes the most sense. I've read a lot on here, but I know I've probably missed some conversations about them. I also like the 352QS XL, but we're both leaning towards the 364. We know what we want, but is there anything we should look for in options, and Pros and Cons? My buddy is buying also, so we are working on a package deal to get the best price and service. All comments welcome.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:35 AM   #2

Well we should be picking ours up Monday.. Are you buying off the lot or ordering one.. If ordering try to get the 6 speed transmission and make sure of what material they will be using on the seats and wall treatments.. The colors they show on their web site are no longer avaliable. See my post on our 364 for new interior color: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ose-95111.html.. Good luck
RVnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:04 AM   #3

We got a 364 two weeks ago and love ours. We have been dry camping twice with no issues so far.
customclay75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:20 AM   #4

We have had our 364TS since beginning of May and absolutely love it. Luxury options like the outside TV, bunk DVDs, and over cab bunk are not necessary but for the cost I am glad that we have them. The stainless steel package I feel is a must for the large fridge....and when we purchased ours we wanted to special order with the regular sized fridge so that we would have a pantry...so glad we did not do that.

If you have kids, the 2 bathrooms and bunks make the camping experience wonderful.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:35 AM   #5

2x on Browns-Camden comments. Be sure to get the 22.5" tires (ours came with 19.5"). We've had our 364TS since January and have logged 12k miles. Interior layout is perfect; we got residential refrigerator and very glad we did. May need HD anti-sway bars to reduce sway. Other than that, you're getting a great coach!
Old 10-27-2015, 11:49 AM   #6

Our factory rep says the 364 is the highest selling bunk house coach in the US this year... At the latest RV show in California they sold 9 as compared to Thor who sold none.. I guess take it for what its worth.. We are trading in our single bath bunkhouse Thor for this one
Old 10-27-2015, 01:08 PM   #7

I love my 364TS. I don't really have anything to warn you to look out for other than to say take your time at the PDI. The guy that did the PDI at the dealership it was the first time he had done this model and he didn't know how to operate the frig. Turns out the frig didn't work and now I'm dealing with trying to get it fixed. Other than that, I love mine. I had to have the door strut replaced cause the kids don't know how to hold onto the door when they open it and the wind grabbed it and broke the strut. No big deal since it's under warranty. Love the way it rides, it's very comfortable to drive. I had mine in the drive when it was 95 degrees with about 90 percent humidity and my mom had to turn the A/C down cause it was too cold in there for her and we only had the A/C set on 75. I'd say floor plan is the most important feature so if that works for you, go for it. Good luck!
Old 10-27-2015, 02:25 PM   #8

We absolutely love ours as well. Picked it up in April '15 and all is well. A couple little problems, but nothing that can't be fixed under warranty. I have no problem with 5 speed trans. Goes up and over hill and dale with ease.
Roger2650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:43 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I put a down payment on one today with an offer. Will find out in morning. Ours will have the 22.5" tires with 6 spd trans, washer/dryer, and motion satellite, along with the stainless, overhead bunk, and usual upgrades. Went back and forth all day on it. Buddy and I are both buying one so we made it a group effort with combined buying power. I will say, after all the ones I have seen its the most coach for the money. They beat me up a bit on my trade, but that was expected. Looking forward to getting it.
Anything on the PDI that you wish you spent more time on or maybe overlooked?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-28-2015, 05:56 AM   #10

We've had our 364 since Feb. Have been out 10 from quick weekends to 3 weeks from TN to Florida. We moved up from a 34' V-Lite w/F-150 Supercrew. Traded both and now Rolling daily in a Feista as our tow vehicle. We truly love and enjoy it. Very comfortable on the interstate. We done many little upgrades with a few trips to Ikea for organizer bars etc. Wife made custom curtains from r the kids in the bunks letting them pick the material for their windows. Replaced the cheap plastic track with a good one from Ikea that each clip travels on a little shuttle with 4 tiny rollers - much better then stock. Went to visit my sister in her new house and they had the same frig.when I commented on how the ice maker is fine for a cup or ice every now and then but that's about it, my BIl opened the freezer and had a regular full size ice maker. Well a quick check with Frigidaire and our ice maker was on its way, bolts right in, no need to pull the frig out to install it. Another issues was after about 6 times out finally at a campground w cable, all TVs programmed finefine, except the one in the master. Wouldn't find any cable channels. Ultimately had to remove the TV to get at model/serial no., called the manufacturer and they said that model did not have a digital tuner (think they called it a QAL) and to call my cable provider to get a box. Called Forest River and they told me I was the first person with that issue and they gave me a generous credit to go get a replacement so a trip to Costco and we have a new 32" smart TV hanging on a regular locking bracket instead of that homemade thing from the factory. We installed the washer/dryer ourselves and took the leap to get the hole cut to get a vented model - well worth it, wife loves it and when on full hookups does a load or two every evening to keep up with it. The biggest warranty issue we've had and our unit has been in the shop 3 weeks now is the bed slide. Somehow it was misaligned or something, a screw coming through the very front underneath (highly suggest jamming your finger along the base of the foot of the bed and checking for protruding screws - we had 3) anyway one in dead center ripped a track in the flooring over a foot long. Lights over bed went out, which I found to be a problem under the deck in the storage area of the bed, and with the slide all the way open looking up at where it goes in on the outside there was a gouge in the fiberglass. Well Forest River pre-approved the repairs so that made it easier when I turned it in for repair. Family getting antsy to get it back. All and all we are very happy with the unit. Quality of trim level is so/so but considering the price point I'm happy and can do the upgrades myself. If I could figure out how to upload a picture I would post some of my upgradesupgrades, and would love to know what others are doing to fine tune their units.

SternHappens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:04 AM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

One thing I couldn't find when we quickly went through this model, was light switches for the overhead lights in the bedroom. Are there any, or did I just miss them? Didn't look too long, figured they had to be there somewhere.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:36 AM   #12

You found what (in my opinion) is one of the few negatives about the 364. The only switch on the bedroom and hallway lights are the small switch to the side of each ceiling mounted lamp.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:58 AM   #13

Yes, the lights in the slide over the bed need to be on dimmers. Those LEDs are like sunlamps in the dark of the night. if anyone figures out a replacement that dims - please post.

SternHappens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:06 AM   #14

Ready to pick up my first Forest River tomorrow! Let's do this Trost!

Jordan and Cynthia Watkins
Timberlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:08 AM   #15

Posting pictures is very easy Camden..Go down to additional options and click on manage attachments.. It will give you a small square and just click on choose file and then click on the picture you want to load from your computer.. Keep doing that for each picture and when you have the pictures chosen then hit upload.. It will take a couple minutes but you can watch them load right under that manage attachment button.. when its done its thing then hit submit reply.. Hope this helps
Old 10-28-2015, 01:43 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberlake View Post
Ready to pick up my first Forest River tomorrow! Let's do this Trost!

Jordan and Cynthia Watkins
It's been confirmed! We pick up the coach on Monday! Can't wait. Camp-out at my house, Watkins?
Old 10-28-2015, 01:45 PM   #17

Cliche

is it cliche to park them at the end of the street, and camp there for the weekend? Right next to each other! The wife's are heading to PA this next weekend!
Timberlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 01:52 PM   #18

Wow that was fast.. Beats 2.5 months!! We get our Monday to
Old 10-28-2015, 01:56 PM   #19
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Saaaaweeet!
Skunk head and Aquaman caravaning to the end of the block!
Pics or it didn't happen
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:01 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberlake View Post
is it cliche to park them at the end of the street, and camp there for the weekend? Right next to each other! The wife's are heading to PA this next weekend!
I think it's totally acceptable! Gotta try it out before you head out, right?