Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2015, 09:25 PM   #1
RPT

Access to the rear of the Living Room TV

Hi, my LR TV is fastened solid to the wall cabinet with no access to the various output / input connections at the back. It is a Furion TV in my 2015 Georgetown XL 378 TS. Has anyone had any luck with plugging in components such as Apple TV?

René-Pierre
Ottawa, Canada

** Currently in Naples FL.
RPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:59 PM   #2

We've got a 351DS and I have been able to get the TV out. It is a real tight fit into the bracket. BUT the one in the bedroom is fixed but I have been able to get a HDMI into a slot with just a little feeling around.

PS: We are an Apple family BUT got the Amazon Firestick - blows away my Apple TVs.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:12 PM   #3
Happily Retired Member

I have a 2013 378 and the only way to access the rear of the TV is to remove the screws across the top and bottom brackets. A long Phillips and a skinny magnet help. The screws are visible between the top and bottom of the TV and the trim. Tip, when you get the TV out use a good tape and tape All the connections to the back of the TV. I have had to pull mine three times to re-secure the connections that work loose when traveling.

2013 Ford Escape on Landgrebe tow dolly
Mickeystamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:15 PM   #4
Happily Retired Member

My Toshiba TV does have a HDMI port on the left side panel but I still had the loosen the TV to plug in a cable to it.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:38 PM   #5

I plugged in an HDMI cord into the side of all 3 TV's (bedroom, living room and outside) and now I can easily access music or movies on any of our devices
ETCTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPT View Post
Hi, my LR TV is fastened solid to the wall cabinet with no access to the various output / input connections at the back. It is a Furion TV in my 2015 Georgetown XL 378 TS. Has anyone had any luck with plugging in components such as Apple TV?

René-Pierre
Ottawa, Canada

** Currently in Naples FL.

I have a 2014 351. On mine lift TV straight up and then out. There are 4 round pins that slide in slots mounted on wall behind TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 02-10-2015, 09:14 AM   #7
Happily Retired Member

ETCTA

How did you tie in the three HDMI cables? Did you run them to a common area?

Old 02-10-2015, 01:08 PM   #8

the tv is on a mount that will allow you to pull up on the tv and remove it from the wall mount. it is a tight fit and seems like it will not come but it dose come off. then you have your access and can connect and replace the tv.
j free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:25 PM   #9

I have a 2015 Prism that has a TV in the BR. That makes 3! (Salon, outside, and BR) all in a 24 footer. We only have 1 TV at home.
Anyway, we never use the BR TV. It is attached with a bracket that sounds like the same one mentioned. There is a lever at the bottom of the bracket, which must be pushed to the side (as I remember, to the left when facing the TV.) Then the bracket slide and the attached TV can be removed for access, by sliding the TV up (it was a little hard at first).
I disconnected the TV from the bracket slide (4 little bolts) and used the bracket to mount a fan (120 volts). There is a 110 volt outlet there (for the TV) and I installed a 12 volt plug wired to the nearby fuse panel to use with a 12 volt to 120 volt inverter when 120 volts aren't available. I'd rather have the fresh air than realty shows.
jeffrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 12:14 AM   #10

Sorry I should have clarified... I have 1 HDMI cable plugged into the side of each of the 3 TV's
ETCTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:30 PM   #11

mine is a 2015 378xl win the install my sat the remove the fireplace to gain acces for booth tvs out side and livindroom hope this helps
borba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo