Old 06-18-2015, 05:56 PM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to carluv
n2striper,

no stickers on the battery except the Caution sticker. Did find KT2J15 stamped in white on top of the battery if that helps?

Old 06-18-2015, 06:00 PM   #12

water in batteries

Thank you all for the info on the batteries. I took pictures today and as soon as I figure out how to load them on the Forum page I will send them.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:04 PM   #13

water in the batteries

Here are the battery pictures, hope they are not to big.

Old 06-18-2015, 08:20 PM   #14

Battery Problems

Years ago I lost both of my Class C batteries because the converter failed (or maybe worked normally) and boiled the water out. Replaced the converter with a better one that continuously conditions the batteries. No problem since then. Also my Class C doesn't have a pull out shelf so you have to horse both batteries out the side of the compartment to even get to the filler holes. I'm too old to handle that (actually I would be too old at any age keep doing a frustrating job like that. I installed a Qwik-Fill Battery Watering System that lets you fill both batteries at the same time by hooking a hose with a bulb to a hose connected tho the batteries. You just put the end of the hose into a container with distilled water (the jug it comes in comes to mind) and squeeze the bulb until you can't squeeze any more in. Disconnect (it's a quick disconnect) the hose and close the compartment. BTW I've also found two things. 1) I check the battery water level (by trying to put more water in) more often because it's easier. 2) I notice that my batteries rarely require adding much (if any) water since I had the converter replaced. CW has Qwik-Fills.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:34 PM   #15
7 Year Class A RV'er

I can't be sure, but that looks like a maintenance free batter to me. Is there only one "eye" to check on it? If so, I would say maintenance free - not really good for a battery that's meant to be discharged and recharged. I would pull the battery in question out and just take it in somewhere and see what they say. Sure there's not a brand name or model somewhere on the side of the battery or ?

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:09 PM   #16

adding water too coach batteries

I don't think I've ever seen a battery like those. Why put caution poison stickers on it if you can't get to the acid? By any chance, have you tried prying up the entire right side of one of them (the part under the warning label)??? It might swing up or pop off all six cells at once.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:48 AM   #17

howdy; I use a turkey baster to fill batteries. Just don't forget and take back in house and put in wife's kitchen........ Pete
Old 06-19-2015, 07:27 AM   #18

Looks to me that the right side of the 'top' comes either off or is hinged to open right to left. Not going to happen with the cables laying there.
Again, good luck.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:12 AM   #19

Those are sealed wet acid batteries, no way to add water. As long as you have any green showing in the sight hole just use them. I doubt they are true deep cell.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:22 PM   #20

Thank you all for your help and suggestions. In all my dealings with batteries, I have never seen anything like them. I tried to pry up the little flap at the ends, but didn't want to break the battery because we are leaving on vacation next week. Will just keep an eye on it and if it goes bad will just have to replace it then.

Tags
water, battery