Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #1

Additional Awning for 351

Well after using my new 351 one of the things I realize I would really like to have is more awning area -- for a couple reasons.

So, looking at the slide, it is a full 12' in length and 11' if you go between the slide out awning covers. What I am seriously considering is getting another power awning and mounting it on the slide. This would provide me almost full RV length coverage -- which can really come in handy during the Florida rains or heat of the day.

Has anyone done this? Anyone have any suggestions on this?

I'm taking the RV back to the dealer for some other fixes and may ask them as well, but figured I'd check here first.

Thanks!
HookupAndGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookupAndGo View Post
Well after using my new 351 one of the things I realize I would really like to have is more awning area -- for a couple reasons.

So, looking at the slide, it is a full 12' in length and 11' if you go between the slide out awning covers. What I am seriously considering is getting another power awning and mounting it on the slide. This would provide me almost full RV length coverage -- which can really come in handy during the Florida rains or heat of the day.

Has anyone done this? Anyone have any suggestions on this?

I'm taking the RV back to the dealer for some other fixes and may ask them as well, but figured I'd check here first.

Thanks!
No experience with mh, but from our experience spending the last 6 winters there from Nov til Mar, you should find some way of tying the awning(s) down as a slight to moderate wind can come up rather quickly causing them to bang up & down.