Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2016, 01:31 PM   #1

adjusting a slide out

HI: We have a 2002 Forest River Georgetown and our bedroom slide out is "out of adjustment". When the slide is extended the left side seal fits snuggly against the slide, however the right seal barely touches the slide out. We have measured and it seems to be off about 1/2 to 3/4" on the right side. The slide moves in and out properly and fits against the motor home properly when retracted. Below are pictures of the mechanism and motor for the slide. Has anyone else had this problem or does someone know how to fix it. My husband is very handy with pretty much everything mechanical, but we are thinking he at least needs some direction so as not to do anymore damage. Thanks for any and all input.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1186.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	256.1 KB
ID:	119801   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1189.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	519.7 KB
ID:	119803   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1185 (1).jpg
Views:	242
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	119804  
Attached Images

layoungga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:02 PM   #2

Try these links.

X-9 Electric & Hydraulic Bed Slide

http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/s...out-System.pdf
Old 09-10-2016, 08:50 AM   #3

adjusting a slide out

After looking at your photos I would "guess" that one side has jumped one or two cogs. It certainly would explain why it is flush while in and not flushed while out.
How to fix this issue is another question. If you think this is what might have happen I can give you a few ideas on the fix.
Your slide out system looks like a rack and pinion style setup.
Old 09-10-2016, 12:04 PM   #4

Thanks for your response wrapperman. I just read my husband your response. I guess I must have explained it wrong, he said that if it were the cogs it would go out crooked and not be flush on one side and not on the other. So I guess my explanation of the problem was incorrect. The slide is not level when it comes out, it is leaning to the back of the coach. The wipe ( what my husband is calling them) on the front side of the slide does not touch at the top, but touches at the bottom. The whole slide leans toward the back of the coach. Right now I cannot take pictures of the slide out from the outside, however when we get back I will take pictures and post them. Maybe those will help in understanding what I am trying to convey. It is not staying level on the track that it runs on.
layoungga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:17 PM   #5

Thanks, then more pictures would help
Old 09-11-2016, 10:35 AM   #6

Cool Any information on Sprinter 5th wheels.

Looking to up grade to a 5th wheel and looking at the Sprinter 5th wheels. They have the cables on the pull outs and heard a couple of bad reviews, there are always bad ones and never any good ones. So if you have anything good to say or bad let me hear them. Thanks
slickwill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out