Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2016, 06:08 PM   #1

Advice for pickup day

Ok, 6 more days until we pickup our 364TS!! I am looking for advice on things that must be checked or asked on pickup day. Does anyone have feedback on things they wish they asked or wish they checked before they pulled off of the lot?
Melvinson404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:20 PM   #2

Print out a couple copies of the list, each one of you fill one out and then cross check.

Take a camera and record the PDI.

Ask questions about ANYTHING you did not catch the first time even if you need them to show you how again.

How does the couch fold out?
Where are the bypass valve? (make them show you)
Microwave?
Pop a bag of pop corn or boil a cup of water.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:30 PM   #3

There is a Great PDI check list on the Outback forum, download it and make your dealer take the time to walk you through it. You won't be disappointed or sorry
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:35 PM   #4

In addition to what Ford Idaho said check every outlet, have them retract/extend slides. Check every plumbing connection both inside and out for leaks. Check city water input and water pumped from holding tank with water pump. Make sure every burner and oven works. Check every light bulb. See if dealer vacuumed any construction sawdust from cabinets. Check each furnace register for any blockage in the vent pipes. The PDI checklist is very important. You might consider e-mailing your dealer a copy so they know what you're going to be checking. Hope all goes well for you.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:37 PM   #5

The best advice I can give is arrive early in the morning and plan to stay most of the day, take your time do not let them rush you. Test each system (have them show you how it works not just tell you how it works). As others have said have a PDI list and don't skip and don't be afraid to hold their feet to the fire on showing you how something works. Good luck
SeaDog
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by w5ci View Post
There is a Great PDI check list on the Outback forum, download it and make your dealer take the time to walk you through it. You won't be disappointed or sorry
Having trouble locating the PDI checklist you mentioned. Do you have a link?
Old 03-12-2016, 06:44 PM   #7

I agree with everything that has been said. Make sure that if they said that they will fix that later, make sure that it is written down on their paperwork, and yours.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:04 PM   #8
Site Team

Here is one version of the PDI Checklist ( attached). Do not let you excitement cloud your better judgement. If you find something that you are not comfortable fixing yourself do not sign anything until it is fixed. This is a very busy time of year for dealers. Do not accept take it and bring is back and we will repair it under warranty. It could sit at the dealer for a time while the serve paying customers.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PDIList.pdf (75.2 KB, 187 views)

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 02:19 PM   #9

This is the list we used during our PDI. Much of it from comments by other G'town owners right here. I used a video cam to film ours...and I'm glad cause I forgot about half the stuff! Good luck!!

PDI Items noted by others:
⦁ Have the dealer somehow hook something up to the cable jack in the basement to make sure you can see it on all TVs.
⦁ Same thing with antenna.
⦁ Have them fill your tires to proper psi. Check with gauge
⦁ Put your slides out & in and check rubber seals.
⦁ Check the cabinets doors latches strong enough to stay shut when going down the road...give them a quick pull to make sure they are good and tight.
⦁ Tap on the driver and passenger's side windows to make sure they are tight while they are fully closed. The sliding glass will rattle and drive you nuts if they are not adjusted properly.
⦁ Be sure to fill your fresh water system tank. Run water in all sinks shower toilet etc. Check all lines and drains for leaks. Especially slow drips. Use both city water hose water feed and the also run the water pump and inspect it and the water heater for leaks.
⦁ Operate all appliances on both electric and gas. Run the generator and ac & furnace. Run the microwave. Flush the toilets. And if they have full hookups drain the tanks to check the valves.
⦁ Check sound system with CD & DVD YOU BRING for proper surround sound wiring & video feed in living room. Often messed up.
⦁ Have them show you how to turn on the TV booster amp & use local antenna use.
⦁ Check engine dashboard AC and heater
⦁ Have them show you how the coach battery disconnect switch is located.
⦁ Make sure electric steps are not loose or wobble...add stabilizer asap
⦁ Check roof AC and have them show you how the thermostat works for AC & furnace
⦁ Have them give you at least 2 sets of every key especially the big T handle ones for the hood and the coach battery location.
⦁ Take the awning out and in a few times & check led lights
⦁ Have they filled the propane tank full...do so before you leave.
⦁ Will they give you a full tank of gas? Remeber PILOT gives 3cent discount with GS card and is easy in & out.
⦁ Make sure you have all the equipment documents for instructions & warranties (fridge, micro, ac etd)
⦁ You should have touchup paint for every color and a clear coat as well as the numbers of the paint type.
⦁ Make sure you and dealer document all issues on paper & keep copy.
⦁ Make sure they forward your ownership so you have the chassis registered in your name at FORD Motor Company.
⦁ Go up on the roof and look at all the stains from water and look for damaged sealant around all vents and things
⦁ Find refrigerator hose drain & make sure it is routed overboard to prevent inside draining!

QUESTIONS FOR PDI
⦁ How to operate & fill propane. Propane monitor switch/on/off. Shut off.
⦁ Furnace operation & maintenance
⦁ Fridge Operation AC & Propane. Pilot light location.
⦁ How brackets for TV's work if you need to remove/replace one.
⦁ Coach battery location/size/disconnect. Parasitic loads? Chassis battery location/disconnect/boost switch
⦁ Converter location/size/regimen...connection breaker & fuses
⦁ Oil change...filter, drain locations + type & amount of oil.
⦁ Dinette Seat, rear bed and dinette operation.
⦁ Camera operations rear & side.
⦁ Location of DC outlets and AC outlets and fuse boxes. Note fuse range and types for spares. GET SPaRES.
⦁ Lighting switches review + bulb types & fixture operation for spares.
⦁ Slides operation and MANUAL override procedure.
⦁ Black & gray water tank locations & dump operation + use of flushout valve.
⦁ Shore power operation & main breaker + breaker panel for AC/DC.
⦁ Generator operation & startup + filters locations & oil change...transfer switch location/ops
⦁ Oven/strove/micro operation. Microwave breaker location.
⦁ Operation of shades/blinds...power front & manual sides.
⦁ Interlock systems. Steps, slides, parking break etc? i.e. what needs to be either running or turned off to operate slides & steps.
⦁ Water system review, filter, pump location, low point dump, check valves, tank location, drain & bypass valves.
⦁ Head operation & maintenance. Fantastic fan & vents.
⦁ Access and change process for headlights & tail lights + spare bulbs. Get SPaRES.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:03 AM   #10

Take a Video Recorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvinson404 View Post
Ok, 6 more days until we pickup our 364TS!! I am looking for advice on things that must be checked or asked on pickup day. Does anyone have feedback on things they wish they asked or wish they checked before they pulled off of the lot?
If You can take a video recorder with You do so. As the RV Rep is going through and showing You everything record them. You will never remember a quarter of what they tell you and they will swear they told you "that" when You call with a question. I tried to write things down as We were doing ours and I either couldn't read it or they were talking so fast I couldn't keep up.

And when they tell You that You can look it up in the manual try not to roll on the floor with laughter as We never found very much helpful information in it.

Good Luck!
2014 Surveyor Pilot 32RBDS
2013 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi
Susan, Jack and Crazy Daisy (Rescued Cocker Spaniel)
SusanML4650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:30 AM   #11
Some guy in back...

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Here is one version of the PDI Checklist ( attached). Do not let you excitement cloud your better judgement. If you find something that you are not comfortable fixing yourself do not sign anything until it is fixed. This is a very busy time of year for dealers. Do not accept take it and bring is back and we will repair it under warranty. It could sit at the dealer for a time while the serve paying customers.
That's an early version of a list I developed over ten years ago! I should post the latest one....

Cheers!
'99 Ford E350 V10
'16 Rockwood 8329SS
ChateauV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:34 PM   #12

Yes Chateau, please do (post updated one).
Old 03-14-2016, 07:38 PM   #13

Have Fun! I was like a kid at Christmas when we picked up ours. As others have mentioned take a list and write notes or take video. You wont be able to remember everything. Make sure they thoroughly show you and test all TV's and entertainment system as well. Our dealer used the excuse that because we were in the shop bay that the TV's had no reception. That was not the reason we discovered later. My dealer was the worst ever, but that will be for another very long post.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:02 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Print out a couple copies of the list, each one of you fill one out and then cross check.

Take a camera and record the PDI.

Ask questions about ANYTHING you did not catch the first time even if you need them to show you how again.

How does the couch fold out?
Where are the bypass valve? (make them show you)
Microwave?
Pop a bag of pop corn or boil a cup of water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
In addition to what Ford Idaho said check every outlet, have them retract/extend slides. Check every plumbing connection both inside and out for leaks. Check city water input and water pumped from holding tank with water pump. Make sure every burner and oven works. Check every light bulb. See if dealer vacuumed any construction sawdust from cabinets. Check each furnace register for any blockage in the vent pipes. The PDI checklist is very important. You might consider e-mailing your dealer a copy so they know what you're going to be checking. Hope all goes well for you.

x2 and check everything.

When I had my PDI I was shown in detail what to do and I dotted down notes. Then the employee refreshed my memory on what I had learned below going through the unit with me explaining what needed to be done. It was a long day for me but everything was checked and all worked correctly.

Have questions or not sure about something? Keep asking until you fully understand. After taking delivery consider doing a bit of driveway camping. It's a great way to refresh your memory after a long day at the dealership.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:03 PM   #15

One thing that we missed is the window's, we got our large one at the back that is just a bear to open/close, sure would've been nice to have them fix it. They had the TV up in front of it during our inspection.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:57 AM   #16
Some guy in back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvinson404 View Post
Yes Chateau, please do (post updated one).
I uploaded the 2.6 version last night and it's been accepted. You will find it in the "Miscellaneous" folder.

It's not perfect, but I look forward to any comments folks might have.

Cheers!
'99 Ford E350 V10
'16 Rockwood 8329SS
Old 03-15-2016, 06:10 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChateauV10 View Post
I uploaded the 2.6 version last night and it's been accepted. You will find it in the "Miscellaneous" folder.

It's not perfect, but I look forward to any comments folks might have.

Cheers!
Sorry, I'm a newbie and have no idea where the misc folder is located...
Old 03-15-2016, 06:23 PM   #18
Some guy in back...

No Worries....it's in the 'Library", one of the tabs in the top green line of the site.

The misc folder is listed there.

Good luck!
'99 Ford E350 V10
'16 Rockwood 8329SS
Old 03-15-2016, 06:41 PM   #19

Check your vin on fords website. There is a recall on transmission cable if it is 2016. We have the recall done before we picked it up.

Also check out all three camera I had a bad pigtail behind dash. Only two camera worked.

We love ours. Enjoy

2016 Georgetown 364ts
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Snoodledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 06:59 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodledog View Post
Check your vin on fords website. There is a recall on transmission cable if it is 2016. We have the recall done before we picked it up.

Also check out all three camera I had a bad pigtail behind dash. Only two camera worked.

We love ours. Enjoy

2016 Georgetown 364ts
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Thanks Snoodle, I checked the VIN on the website with no results. When did you pick yours up, late 2015 or early 2016?