Old 04-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
We're you able to open the link I sent you? They have a full body paint model.........sale priced at $99,995

Where are you located for comparison?
They have now dropped the price by $10,000. That is a strong drop!

Old 04-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #12

I'm thinking of looking at it, I'm in Ottawa and am also looking at brand new for about $125000. Should I look at anything in particular that could be trouble when buying used? Thanks, Tim

Old 04-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #13

Tim.........

Just take your time when looking over the rig. You also want them to demo all the moving parts of the rig..........slides, jacks, awning, furnace, etc. Make sure you are happy with the rig for living in WITH the slides IN.....this might be the way you have to use it if you're ever Walmart camping. Not sure what the mileage is, and for piece of mind, at least do an oil and filter change. These Ford motors are terrific, and in their early years, they shouldn't need more than basic maintenance.

See about their warranty period or extended warranty, and especially where you will have to take it for any work...........Ottawa to Gananoque for servicing could be expensive.

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #14

You are at the correct time of year at least. Generally you'll get the most money selling it in the early spring. And the least money in the fall.

Same applies for when you go to buy. It amazing the deals you can find on RV's in October and November when the dealers and sellers are desperate. And it's amazing the suckers you can find to buy March and April who are desperate to buy and will buy the first thing the see and fall in love with.

Based on the above you should hurry and get it listed.
It costs nothing to list it on craig's list. Just include an accurate description and lots of pictures. Also it's probably wise to not list your phone number on Craig's list, but instead to use just their e-mail forwarding system. Again all free.

Craigslist is also a great way to figure out what to charge. Go on there and look around for other units like yours and see what they're going for.

You can probably get it all done in afternoon. And then edit the listing as people e-mail or call and ask you questions. Each thing somebody asks you about what your selling should be added to your listing.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #15

Arrow

Thanks for the advice guys, we went to the local dealer and negotiated them down to about $109,000 for a 2014, totally loaded 378TX (before tax) so I think that's pretty good except we would have to wait a couple months for it to arrive fresh from the factory...not a problem for us. However we're waiting to hear from another place north of Toronto, kenandterry you may have heard of them Bella Vista RV center in Hawkestone Ontario. They came highly recommended from a family member in northern Ontario so we thought we'd see what they can do for us
Tim&Gaetan
Old 04-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #16
MI Camperz

Selling in spring is a great time, but my dealer mentioned, for big MHs, the next big wave of selling is actually fall. They take bigger MHs to the fall shows (versus family oriented TTs in spring) for the Snowbirds shopping. Good luck.
Sounds like someone will get a great deal!
Old 04-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #17

GaeTim......

Not sure anymore if you're looking to purchase new or used.

You mention you had some interest in a used Georgetown I mentioned to someone else for sale at a dealer in Gananoque, then you mention the price of a new Georgetown, then you mention Bella Vista (I know of them and our friends bought their rig from them) but they are NOT a Georgetown dealer.

WAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUP?

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #18

Arrow

Hi, you're right they don't deal in them but I was unaware of that up until about an hour ago when we spoke to Bruno. He's going to give us some options & pricing on a Newmar with similar options and really I don't care what brand it is as long as we enjoy it, as for the motor and chasis they are all the same from Ford.
So we'll see what he comes up with and go from there.

...also, sorry to the original poster to this thread as I think I inadvertently high-jacked it.. I'll try not to do that again.

Tim
Old 04-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #19

Buddyu - Motorhome

Is your Georgetown still for sale - we are considering a Georgetown
Old 04-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehpeters View Post
Is your Georgetown still for sale - we are considering a Georgetown

Georetown come in a basic model with no frills then they have anGeorgtown XL which is an upgrade. If the one you are looking at is a 378TS XL it is identiucal to mine.
FYI a new motorhome loses 20-30% of its value in the first year.
Make sur eyou know what you are looking at prior to buying.
Many 2012 had hydralic lines leaking. Mine did and Forest River replaced all of them in the first year. This should be your biggest concern.
Look at the roof for cracks.
Test all appliances as well as the levellers and slide outs while hooked up to shore power over an hour.
The Ford bare chassis is solid and has very little issues other than changing oil and filters.

Hope this helps you.
Iggy

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote