Old 03-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #1

Advice on selling my Georgetown

I am "considering" selling my 2011 Georgetown 378-TS and need some advice as to market, consigning to a dealer to sell or trying to sell it myself. It has only 6,100 miles and 1 1/2 left on the Ford warranty. We have been on only one overnight trip in the 1 1/2 years we have owned. It is kept in a temperature controlled storage unit. Long story short, it has been a very expensive almost unused toy!! Also, any thoughts on an asking price? Thanks!

Old 03-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #2

Just a couple of things to consider if you're going to try and sell your 378TS.......

Although your story is accurate, your headline had a typo in it to describe Georgetown. Spelling is important when posting expensive items......people just expect that kind of detail when selling something this important.

The depreciation on RV units is heart-breaking at best.......just be prepared.

Not sure where you live, and for the sake of argument, the exchange rate between Canada and the U.S. is almost at par right now. Here's a listing of a 2011 Georgetown 378TS for sale at an area dealer. 25,298kms converts to just under 16,000miles for comparison. You'll see all the details related to it, including the list and sale price.......according to them. By the way, this unit has been on their site since October 2012 for sale...........so is there something wrong or are they asking too much?

1000 Islands RV Centre - Inventory

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #3

I caught the typo and could not find a way to correct it. Typing in the body I could correct but not the heading. I would like to blame the iPhone!! I'm having a tough time finding many/any 2011 378's with full body paint.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #4

We're you able to open the link I sent you? They have a full body paint model.........sale priced at $99,995

Where are you located for comparison?

Ken and Terry
Old 03-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #5

I did. It is identical to mine. The asking price converted to about $94,000. The dealer I talked to in KY said he would attempt to sell it for around $84,000 and net me $75,000. That is a big drop from what I paid for it.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #6

Like I said in my first note.......the depreciation on RV's will kill you!!!!!!!!

People that have traded rigs really have to justify the dollars spent. We got really excited about changing our rig out for another right after we got ours. After doing the math, and making DIY modifications to the rig, we now are quite happy to keep ours.

Ken and Terry
Old 03-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #7

The market for used units isn't kind right now - the big manufacturers are being sold through places like RVDirect and Terrytown who can volume discount the units at 30-35% off MSRP. I recently shopped a GT and priced the bunk house floorplan. With nearly all the options and the new prestige tinted fiberglass (looks like full paint) the unit was under 84K out the door. So, 75K as a trade sounds about right....
Old 03-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #8

One thing I am finding out is how hard it is to get a suggested selling/trade in price on motorhomes.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #9

Ask your bank or credit union what the loan value is.
That's about all you could expect to get.

Ask a little more than that so you can negotiate.

Have you looked at NADA?
http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2011/G...S-FORD/6007387
Old 03-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyu View Post
I did. It is identical to mine. The asking price converted to about $94,000. The dealer I talked to in KY said he would attempt to sell it for around $84,000 and net me $75,000. That is a big drop from what I paid for it.
It is getting on three years old now, and that is time of the highest depreciation. Unfortunately it is what it is. But some one is going to get a heck of a nice motorhome, just wish I was in the market.
Good luck.