Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #1

Air Filter

Has anyone replaced the air filter themselves on your Georgetown? I spent about 30 minutes at it and never did figure out a way to get the filter box open more than an inch or so at the front.

The top of the filter box won't budge. The bottom is bolted into a steel bracket. I'm not sure what to do.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I did it once. You have to unclip the 3 snap-down clips. Grab it on each side and lift the front slightly and push to the rear all at once. The top should move back about 3/4" and then lift. It should come off after that. It's a pain believe me. I replaced the whole assembly with the Banks Cold Air Intake Kit with the K&N Air Filter in it. It's easier to get the top off.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:41 AM   #3

That was the answer. To push back on it to release the rear catches. Thanks!

I hit two auto parts stores and neither had this filter in stock. I'll keep looking.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsutherl View Post
That was the answer. To push back on it to release the rear catches. Thanks!

I hit two auto parts stores and neither had this filter in stock. I'll keep looking.
Glad I could help. I left out the numerous curse words I used. Just figured you'd use your own.

You may need to check out a Ford Truck Center for that filter. I looked for one a couple years ago and didn't find any in my area. I'm sure it's on line somewhere though.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 05-26-2011, 07:35 PM   #5
Kanadian Kamper

Sounds like the same guy that designed the "user friendly" air filter cover, is the same guy who designed the location for the oil filler neck for the V-10 engine also!!!!!!!!!!! Not that the placement of ANY of the fluid resevoirs is much better throughout the engine compartment.

I'm thinking the filter is available at a genuine Ford Truck centre too because the Triton engine is a popular model.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:36 AM   #6

The third store I checked, O'Reilly Auto Parts, was able to order one of these filters for delivery to their store in a few hours. So I did manage to get one and install it. I only wonder why I didn't order two.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Sounds like the same guy that designed the "user friendly" air filter cover, is the same guy who designed the location for the oil filler neck for the V-10 engine also!!!!!!!!!!! Not that the placement of ANY of the fluid resevoirs is much better throughout the engine compartment.

I'm thinking the filter is available at a genuine Ford Truck centre too because the Triton engine is a popular model.
You have that right. They did us no favors with the locations of the fill tubes under the hood. Just changed the oil last weekend. I bought a cheap transfer pump from Harbor Freight $5.99.
Multi-Use Transfer Pump

I'm sure my neighbors were wondering why I used a 6 foot ladder to change my oil. It worked real well with the shelf to hold the gallon of oil. I pumped in 4 qts and then took 2 qts and poured them into the gallon jug. Then pumped the other 2 qts in. Surprisingly I didn't lose a drop and still have a quart left. I'll probably buy another transfer pump when it comes time to add antifreeze.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 05-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
You have that right. They did us no favors with the locations of the fill tubes under the hood. Just changed the oil last weekend. I bought a cheap transfer pump from Harbor Freight $5.99.
Multi-Use Transfer Pump.
Thank you for the suggestions and tips. I am not looking forward to doing this.
days camped in 2011: 37 (up to Aug 1st)
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #9
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
Multi-Use Transfer Pump

I'm sure my neighbors were wondering why I used a 6 foot ladder to change my oil. It worked real well with the shelf to hold the gallon of oil. I pumped in 4 qts and then took 2 qts and poured them into the gallon jug. Then pumped the other 2 qts in. Surprisingly I didn't lose a drop and still have a quart left. I'll probably buy another transfer pump when it comes time to add antifreeze.
I goofed that should have been the 5qt. container not gallon. Oh well it did work very well.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 05-30-2011, 09:55 PM   #10

What about the belt? I was laying in bed in the motorhome this weekend thinking to myself, "I've never even looked at the belt." It must be behind all those radiators, but I think that it may be too far forward to be accessible from the doghouse. I guess I just crawl in behind one of the front tires?

Who deigns these things? And why do we buy them?
Old 11-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #11
ME

Does anyone have a part number for the stock air filter
Old 11-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks1032 View Post
Does anyone have a part number for the stock air filter
The WIX part number is: 49136

Just google that number, you'll get lots of hits.