Old 05-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #11

I have to ask, did you check all the bulbs? I had 3 up there burn out last year, 2 on the back, and 1 on the side. I am going to replace them with LED's this summer I think. I also had water inside 3 of them.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #12

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by akcampr View Post
I have to ask, did you check all the bulbs? I had 3 up there burn out last year, 2 on the back, and 1 on the side. I am going to replace them with LED's this summer I think. I also had water inside 3 of them.
Well, I'm a tad bit red faced. I crawled back up the ladder one more time. Here's what I found. The fixture that had water in it is bad, nothing works in that one. But, I went over to the other fixture I had the lens off of and took the bulb out and put a new one in and nothing. Then I wiggled the bulb around a bit and whalla (sp) light. So, I guess everything is ok as far as the wiring. I have FR overnighting me 5 new fixtures. They were $3.40 each plus the shipping. When I get them I'll check the other three that I put the lenses back on with new light bulbs and put new lenses on all of them and replace the bad fixture. All the lenses were cracked really bad. I'll see where I'm at after I do all of this. Who would have thought one fixture was bad and the other four have a loose or bad bulb. I'm trading my Georgetown on a used diesel pusher next week, that's why I had the new fixtures overnighted. Wanted to make sure everthing was ok, so I didn't get any crap from the dealer. We've really enjoyed our 378TS but being fulltimers needed more space and storage. And a king sized bed.

nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #13

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
All the amber clearance lights are working now. I didn't have to replace any of the bases, but replaced two of the bulb sockets. They we just corroded too much to work. And, you can't really get inside them to clean the contacts. Strangely none of the bulbs were burned out. That's the reason I thought I had a blown fuse or dropped a ground. I checked each bulb with my fluke and they checked ok. Just didn't think to turn on the switch and wiggle each bulb around. Lesson learned. I'm going to have to put all of the new lenses on. The were all cracked. But, I'm going to keep a couple of the better old ones for spares. FR did a great job of getting me the parts overnite. Very happy with their service. Oh, I can tell you for sure that the running lights fuse is no. 6 in the fuse box in the engine compartment, cause I popped it when I was working on the lights. Its a 20 amp mini.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #14

Glad you got'r done!