Old 05-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
An alarm that sounds like a scary horror movie

We have a 2012 Georgetown XL 337 DS motorhome. This morning my wife and I heard an unusual alarm. It sounded like a scary horror movie - woo hoo hoo. It was relatively soft and repeated every 5 or 6 seconds. We tried to trace the source and it appeared to come from the ceiling or above the long slide. After a few minutes, the alarm disappeared. We were unable to find the source. The only unusual thing at the time is that we were parked on an unlevel surface and the slide was extended. Has anyone experienced the same alarm? What is the cause? And where is the alarm located? Thanks so much.

Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
Dumb guess, how bout Lippert panel for jacks?

VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:25 PM   #3
This motorhome is supplied with the Equalizer System jacks. I read the Owner's Manual and there is no mention of an audible alarm. However, thanks for your suggestion. There must be some other alarm system that is warning us about a malfunction. But I'm at a loss to find what it is. I have read all the literature supplied with the Georgetown and nothing seems appropriate.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:28 AM   #4
Smoke alarm with a very dead battery maybe? My smoke alarm has a bit of a strange warbling sound when it's going off.
2008 Georgetown SE 350DS BunkHouse
jsutherl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #5

You didn't mention if you were having to use the furnace because of cool temps, but............we experienced a strange alarm sound recently when we were dry camping in a Walmart parking lot and had to use the furnace overnight. Turns out our house batteries were very low, as far as voltage goes, and I found there was a weak alarm sound coming from the base of the furnace unit. After confirming the status panel, I found the battery voltage very low and once I started the rig to charge the house batteries, the alarm stopped.

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #6
If you have only heard the alarm once, could it have been an outside source, like a bird?
DRINK COFFEE--do stupid things faster and with more energy ! Rockwood 5th wheel, Signature Untralite, 8244S
Tow Vehicle: Ram 3500 6.4 litre Hemi.
Bill_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #7
Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
We had a alarm bep-bep this winter that only went of at night when we had everything closed up. Found it was the CO detecter. Arranged to have it replaced by a near buy dealer. But before the new detecter arrived we had a coach battery blow up. It seems we had a defective battery that was out gassing setting off the alarm. Forest River had the dealer bring out new batteries and check the converter. No more Bep-Bep's.
2012 Georgetown 378TS Fire Mist
2008 Honda Fit
ReadyBrake™ Surge Brake System integrated with ReadyBrute™ Elite RV Tow Bar
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:12 PM   #8
We haven't used the furnace so I don't think that the sound originated from it. We checked outside and it definitely was not a bird. The sound was ghostly...almost as though it was coming from an ipod or some type of digital system. The sound was quiet...not like the shrieking sound from a CO detector or smoke detector. I will check the house batteries to see whether there might be an alarm associated with them. However, we had been hooked up to electricity all night. It happened in the morning before we unhooked.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #9
Strange thought but maybe some one while building your coach dropped their cell phone or something else into a wall that makes noise?
Frank4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:16 AM   #10
2011 GEORGETOWN 2011 329
Send a message via Skype™ to bdmartin123
i had the same thing happen to me the other day.mine was a blown hydrolic hose or a fitting because my tote was covered with hydrolic fluid i mean the whole car was a different color than white.i have it in the shop now getting fixed.what a mess only have 4,000 miles on it.

bdmartin123 is offline   Reply With Quote

led pad