Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2015, 06:32 PM   #1

Antenna Boost/Amp Fuse Location

So, we are heading down to FL and blew a couple of fuses. I needed a 12v cig lighter splitter and the one I bought blew both cigarette lighter outlets. The one in the center console was easy since the fuse is just below the radio, but I can't find the one for the antenna boost. It must be inline with the switch that provides power to the radio with engine off because that switch it no longer providing power to the radio with engine off (works with ignition on).

I pulled the plate that has the cig outlet and antenna boost button, but there was no fuse behind there. It must be somewhere underneath the dash. Before I tear up in there, I was wondering if someone has had to replace that fuse and know the location.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:39 PM   #2
Retired US Army CW4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
So, we are heading down to FL and blew a couple of fuses. I needed a 12v cig lighter splitter and the one I bought blew both cigarette lighter outlets. The one in the center console was easy since the fuse is just below the radio, but I can't find the one for the antenna boost. It must be inline with the switch that provides power to the radio with engine off because that switch it no longer providing power to the radio with engine off (works with ignition on).

I pulled the plate that has the cig outlet and antenna boost button, but there was no fuse behind there. It must be somewhere underneath the dash. Before I tear up in there, I was wondering if someone has had to replace that fuse and know the location.

Thanks in advance.
I looked for that fuse for two days and almost spliced a new line in before I found it. I have a 2014 329DS. The location may or may not be the same on your MH but it's worth a look. There is a small fuse box (6" x 6") next to the battery mount. Not sure why they would put the fuse for the booster in there but I quit asking questions a long time ago. Good Luck!
Tom and Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:43 PM   #3

Al, I'm glad to see you are still around! Just so you are aware, your notes on winterizing were much appreciated, as well as all your other advice.

I have no idea if this is helpful, but I was looking at some of our information on the radio yesterday (trying to add speakers) and came across this attached to the programing information for the TV antenna etc. Why it says Wipers if it's related to the antenna I cannot tell, but maybe it will help.

Thanks!
Garren
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tv wipers.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	71477  
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Kat View Post
I looked for that fuse for two days and almost spliced a new line in before I found it. I have a 2014 329DS. The location may or may not be the same on your MH but it's worth a look. There is a small fuse box (6" x 6") next to the battery mount. Not sure why they would put the fuse for the booster in there but I quit asking questions a long time ago. Good Luck!
Thanks Tom. That's exactly where it was. I think it's called the battery control box. One of the 15 amp fuses was blown.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAndGarren View Post
Al, I'm glad to see you are still around! Just so you are aware, your notes on winterizing were much appreciated, as well as all your other advice.

I have no idea if this is helpful, but I was looking at some of our information on the radio yesterday (trying to add speakers) and came across this attached to the programing information for the TV antenna etc. Why it says Wipers if it's related to the antenna I cannot tell, but maybe it will help.

Thanks!
Garren
Glad my notes helped out. I just de-winterized ours a few days back and everything was in tip top shape including the residential refrigerator. We are permanently moving to FL so it looks like that was the last time we had to do it.

Thanks for the diagram. Good to keep in the library.

Tags
antenna, cat, fuse, location