Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2014, 07:09 PM   #1

Any Advice for a new XL 350TS owner ?

picking it up next week, per my signature.....will set the jeep up to tow when i get back..

any and all comments / suggestions would be appreciated, on any topic...

my shakedown cruise will be the 1700 mile run from TX back to CT....

Front & Rear Roadmaster Sway Bars
Koni Shocks
Front and Rear Sumo Springs Jounce Replacement
willingtonpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:17 PM   #2

The only advice it make the dealer earn the Prep fee you paid them to make sure the rig is ready for the road.
Have them setup the rig at the dealer and try or use everything 2 or 3 times.
Turn on the refrigerator and have them show you where the invertor is located.
Level the rig multiple times.
Have them show you how to turn on the TV amp for local antenna use.
Extend and retract all slides multiple times.
Check engine AC and heater
Have them show you how the coach battery disconnect switch is located.
Make sure electric steps are not loose or wobble.
Check roof AC and have them show you how the thermostat works.
Have them give you at least 2 sets of every key especially the big T handle ones for the hood and the coach battery location.
Look at all the hydraulic lines for any bubbling or leaks around any of the valves, levelers.
Take the awning out and in a few times.
Have they filled the propane tank full?
Will they give you a full tank of gas?
Make sure you have all the equipment documents.
Did they check the tire pressures that are labeled on the wall behind the drivers seat?
You should have touchup paint for every color and a clear coat as well as the numbers of the paint type.
Check the TV and stereo system
Plan on at least an hour to go over the rig and make sure you and dealer document all issues on paper.
Make sure they forward your ownership to Forest River so you have the chassis registered in your name at FORD Motor Company.
Go up on the roof and look at all the stains from water and look for damaged sealant around all vents and things

That all I can say at the moment unless you want me there when you get it..
I also will be heading to Watertown CT early next month from Arizona.
Good luck
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:07 AM   #3

EXCELLENT LIST, thank you ! can you make it there ? 12 noon 5/29, alvarado, TX....you know you want to....

this is my first moho; been a 5'er/TT owner for 25 yrs. this also is my first full body paint RV; did not even think of the touch up paint !

MHSRV has been great so far. propane and full tank of fuel are included, and i am spending the first night at their place so i can run through everything on my own and report any issues the next morning. they will fill the fresh water system and have everything ready to go. i want to dump the tanks in the AM before i leave to check those systems as well.

thanks again and safe travels on your end. i am in willington, ct; hence the "willingtonpaul" handle. i live about 8 miles off the main (storrs) campus of UCONN.

Koni Shocks
Old 05-23-2014, 07:39 AM   #4

Use it, Use it, USE IT! Enjoy the freedom! And let us know how it goes.
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by willingtonpaul View Post
EXCELLENT LIST, thank you ! can you make it there ? 12 noon 5/29, alvarado, TX....you know you want to....

this is my first moho; been a 5'er/TT owner for 25 yrs. this also is my first full body paint RV; did not even think of the touch up paint !

MHSRV has been great so far. propane and full tank of fuel are included, and i am spending the first night at their place so i can run through everything on my own and report any issues the next morning. they will fill the fresh water system and have everything ready to go. i want to dump the tanks in the AM before i leave to check those systems as well.

thanks again and safe travels on your end. i am in willington, ct; hence the "willingtonpaul" handle. i live about 8 miles off the main (storrs) campus of UCONN.
The touchup paint comes looking like this and usually is in one of the kitchen draws.
My sticker was in the back of the cabinet above sink.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	April_17_2012 122.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	273.0 KB
ID:	53102  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:13 PM   #6

well i took delivery of my XL 350TS this afternoon. all went smooth, and everything is great in the coach. they had to adjust the main slide a little as it was rubbing on the tile and making a black mark right behind the driver's seat, but other than that, fit and finish as well as dealer prep were all in good order. thanks to all for the advice, i went through my checklists and will spend the night here in TX.

i head north and east at 0'dark thirty in the AM !

i and i have to say, i think i am gonna love this coach.....man it has such a nice feel to it....

Koni Shocks
Old 05-29-2014, 07:21 PM   #7

Any Advice for a new XL 350TS owner ?

Did your dealer do a complete front end alignment?
My 378 xl needed one bad. It was way off.
I purchased our unit in Grand Rapids MI and after the first 1500 miles it showed slight cupping in front tires.
Forrest River paid for the alignment.
We live in Whitehouse Texas.
You'll enjoy you new ride.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:06 PM   #8

you are very lucky, I went again to my dealer today to buy the same coach, but he didn't want to give 1$ discount. His price was discounted by 18% from Forest River MSRP, I offer them 24% off suggested retail price witch is not that bad and I have seen people paying lot less than this but like I said, he didn't want to give anything. I told him I will go see Winnebago Vista 35B and he told be my guess.. Very dissapointed. Both my wife and I prefer the looks of the 350 but not impress with the service, and this is my second RV in 3 years from them.
Johnnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperman View Post
Did your dealer do a complete front end alignment?
My 378 xl needed one bad. It was way off.
I purchased our unit in Grand Rapids MI and after the first 1500 miles it showed slight cupping in front tires.
Forrest River paid for the alignment.
We live in Whitehouse Texas.
You'll enjoy you new ride.
i did not have them do an alignment....

the coach has 1100 mile on it (indiana to TX) and the tires look perfect in the front. i am driving it home to CT (1800 miles) and will see how she handles and re-check the tires along the way. i suspect that the CHF plus a steering stabilizer could be in my future, and perhaps the front end will need to be done. i have a ford truck dealer 5 miles from my home that can do it if need be.

Koni Shocks
Old 05-31-2014, 03:38 AM   #10

my first day was a little over 750 miles.....alvarado TX to the first rest area in KY on I65 N. coach drives and handles very well, IMHO. i do think i need a front end alignment, though, as she does pull to the left just a little, i think, but she doesn't wander...

from just east of little rock, AR to just east of memphis, TN, had some nasty thunderstorms. gusty winds pushed me around some, plus i slowed down more than the semis and got to feel them buffet me a little. coach took it fine, and it sure was no worse than my TT/truck combo. felt solid and safe the whole time; no white knuckles.

gonna try to get back to CT today with a big day. we shall see.

the only thing i don't like is the radio part of the clarion 501 unit. having trouble getting good sound. my subwoofer keeping cutting in and out. anyone else have trouble like that ? i am willing to bet is a loose wire somewhere.....

Koni Shocks