Old 04-25-2014, 08:02 PM   #11

Thanks everyone. We think we are going to wait on a used one in a couple years. We shall see though

Old 05-07-2014, 10:02 AM   #12

You should get in touch with my father in law if Entegra and the Georgetown are on the list. He's got an Entegra Anthem and we've got the GT XL. He's done extensive research on a variety of models when he got his and helped us figure out the best option for us. In the last few years there has been a Winnebago of some sort, a Phateon and now the Anthem and he absolutely loves the Entegra. We all use them a lot so there is a fair bit of experience, mainly on his end! If you want to get in touch let me know.

Coleman 12' Pop up
Jayco X23B
jimacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:50 PM   #13

Thanks!! I think I've read about someone on irv2 that has an entegra and son has a georgetown!!
Old 05-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #14

That's probably him. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1400284944.355371.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	52577
Coleman 12' Pop up
Jayco X23B
jimacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:00 PM   #15
gspage53

Send a message via Yahoo to gspage53
We live close to Huntsville, AL and there is a forest river authorized maintenance center there called Madison RV. We just bought a brand new Georgetown there (2 months ago, so it was 2014) . It listed for $159k but we got it for 98,000 including the forest river extended warrenty, tax and extra expenses. They have a great selection of XL and 351DS. Probably a good time to get a new 2014 since the 2015 are being shipped now. Depends on whether you want all vinyl and a cargo tray or carpet and no cargo tray from what we've been reading. Best of Luck! We love purs.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:45 PM   #16

I think you got a great deal. Especially since that amount included sales tax and extended warranty.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:49 PM   #17
gspage53

Send a message via Yahoo to gspage53
I think that the credit union I use had a good rate but wouldn't finance anything higher than 100k and they didn't want to lose the sale
Old 05-18-2014, 10:08 PM   #18

Like gspage, we live near Huntsville Al and got our 337XL from Madison RV. Got a new RV about 25% below msrp. Have had it two and a half years, put on 24k and it has not been in the shop. There are always minor assembly line issues like loose screws, fittings, misalignments, etc. If you cannot use tools and figure out small stuff, you will be in the shop a lot with any RV. We absolutely love our XL. We visited the factory last summer. There are hundreds of technicians working to put out an RV about one per hour. Now matter how close they inspect them there will still be small issues. We checked out a lot of RV's before we bought. Each manufacturer has it's strong and weak points. The strong point we found with Georgetown XL is the interior floor plan engineering. Good luck.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:41 PM   #19

i bought the XL350TS in my signature yesterday. i compared the XL350TS to the 351DS base line and felt the XL was worth the extra money. looking forward to my shakedown cruise from TX back to CT on the 30th and 31st. gonna spend the first night in the coach down there to make sure everything is in good working order.

Front & Rear Roadmaster Sway Bars
Koni Shocks
Front and Rear Sumo Springs Jounce Replacement
willingtonpaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags